Central Freight Lines Account Managers are vital to the success of CFL. Account Managers support business development and sales initiatives of CFL. This position reports to the Division Sales Manager of the region, with a primary focus of working with local and regional accounts providing a consistent flow of opportunities from new customers, in addition to supporting and growing the current account base. Utilization of business development skills is a key to success in order to grow revenue, shipment count and a broader CFL service offering to the customers.
General Duties And Responsibilities:
- Meet or exceed all company assigned revenue and shipment goals while understanding key financial metrics and initiatives of CFL
- Manage existing business accounts as well as identify and secure new business opportunities from within geographically assigned sales territory
- Meet face to face with clients daily/weekly to assess business needs, manage complex customer transactions, resolve customer concerns, in addition to demonstrating an ability to work independently in a fast-paced multi-task environment with rapidly changing priorities, unique to each customer and CFL
- Utilize CFL's CRM and other support systems pertaining to the specific needs for the customer and CFL, such as; customer pricing, customer profiles, customer updates and account call and cycle records
- Negotiate complex pricing agreements with clients based on company business needs.
- Work within a team-centered environment, demonstrating the ability to initiate solutions to resolve internal and external issues, while presenting a sincere attitude of respect for other team members and customers
- Develop a working knowledge of company history, policies, pricing, and tariff rules, as well as an understanding of CFL's scope of operations, creating the ability and knowledge to be best equipped for success.
- Ability to sell the CFL value proposition within the marketplace
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements:
- Minimum of 1-year experience in the LTL industry required
- Must possess excellent verbal, written and presentation communication skills
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent B2B sales experience preferred
- Must be able to work independently and as a team
- Experience in business to business relationships with face to face customer interaction requiring strong interpersonal, decision making, and problem resolution skills
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
About Central Freight Lines:
Central Freight Lines has a rich history of providing transportation to emerging businesses and Fortune 500 industry leaders since 1925. Central's Corporate Office has been located in Waco, Texas for over 93 years. Central Freight Lines has sustainability, financial strength and an infrastructure designed to intelligently support the logistical needs of North America's largest manufacturing, retail and distribution enterprises. Central Freight Lines continues to look for growth opportunities without losing our focus of consistent, reliable LTL service to our core area which is comprised of terminals ranging from East to the West. Our network supports warehousing, inventory control and distribution capabilities for those corporations looking to outsource their supply chain needs.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All offers of employment made by Central Freight Lines are contingent upon the successful completion of a background and pre-employment drug screen (where required) in addition to MVR, PSP, and VOE's for driving/DOT related positions. The existence of a criminal record is not an automatic or absolute bar to employment and a candidate's criminal record will be considered individually based on factors such as the relationship between the job sought and the criminal offense, the timing of the offense, the nature of the offense, and any other relevant information. Central Freight Lines will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.