Immigration Paralegal Job description
PRIOR EXPERIENCE IN IMMIGRATION LAW IS REQUIRED, if you do not have it please do not apply for the position, resume will not be considered.
Our office is looking for a proactive, ethical discipline and structure individual that wants to grow with our company.
The candidate will work on cases that involve immigration matters (mostly adjustment of status, employment authorization, travel documents, removal defense, notice of filings for the Immigration Court, stay of deportation, waivers and citizenship) under the supervision of an attorney.
Must have prior experience with following tasks: organize and compile supporting documents for applications, Motions, petitions, and filings.
Proficiency in the preparation and submission of immigration applications, petitions, briefs, and court Motions. Input information into immigration forms and compile filings for attorney review. Draft and prepare letters for attorney review. Monitor pending cases, manage case deadlines and status issues. Prepare and maintain client files in an organized manner. Perform related work as assigned.
Please review the compensation rate before applying.
- Prior legal experience in the immigration law field REQUIRED.
- Four-year bachelor's degree, an Associate’s degree in related field or Immigration law paralegal certificate or studies.
- Immigration Paralegal course/training preferred. Research skills and prior experience.
- Must be fully bilingual in English and Spanish: both written and oral proficiency required.
- Must be proficient in MS Word, G-mail, EXCEL PROFICIENCY,, internet usage, and online database and calendar management skills.
- Must be detail-oriented and able to prepare applications in a timely/fast manner and handle a large client caseload.
- Must be able to work well with a diverse client population and be in constant communication with clients.
- Updating clients of progress, answering their questions, or preparing paperwork.
- Obtaining foreign documents and filling our lengthy applications.
- Draft simple Motions and Notices of Filing.
- Positive, bright, energetic and personable attitude is required.
- Self-starter and proactive personality.
- Willingness to learn and be mentored.
- Excellent time management and customer service skills.
- MUST BE ABLE TO FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS as given and multitask on a daily basis.
- Please submit a cover letter explaining why you would like to work in the immigration law field, showcasing any relevant experience and/or training.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $13.00 to $15.50 /hour