Accounting Consultant - ERP Software
- Posted: over a month ago
- $85,000 to $95,000 Yearly
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
Due to the incredible growth we are experiencing, Central Data is looking to add an experienced Business Consultant/Trainer to our already dynamic team.
The role of the Business Consultant - Accounting (BC) is to perform a variety of business management activities including Consulting, Training, Support and other consultative work for Central Data customers. The BC serves as a resource to perform work requirements associated with a Go Live (new) implementation, post implementation project and/or assisting the Central Data support team.
*Required Experience & Skills - Specific to this position*
- General Ledger: Setup and maintain chart of accounts
- General Ledger: Balancing of general ledger to subsidiary ledger
- Financial Statements: Creation and understanding of how the statements reflect a company’s position
- Accounts Payable: Vendor setup, payable entry, and payment processing
- Accounts Receivable: Customer setup, credit/collections, and payment processing
- Rebates: Setup programs, entry of rebates, and realization of income
- Check Reconciliation: Reconciling the bank statement to cash
- Sales Tax: Tax setup, reporting, and reconciliation
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The following tasks and functions are expected of the Business Consultant:
- Perform Consulting to fulfill Project Plan objectives. This will be determined by the Project Coordinator and assigned and scheduled.
- Perform Business Process Reconciliation for Go Live Projects.
- Conduct ERP software training for both “Live” & new implementation clients as assigned in both group and one-on-one settings
- Work with clients & Central Data programming department to create functional design requirements
- Identifying creative solutions for processes that aren’t fully accomplished by standard SX. e CloudSuite Distribution
- Work actively with the Project Coordinator regarding all project deadlines, changes, open issues or potential problem areas.
- Work on all projects effectively and efficiently and strive to achieve highest levels of customer satisfaction while coming within the budget agreed to with the client contractually.
- Achieve a minimum of 75% billable hours and provide value for the billable hours for each account. This is a joint responsibility with the Project Coordinator & Central Data executive to deploy work to each resource.
- Contribute Ideas and Suggestions for opportunities to drive revenues and customer satisfaction
- Provide input for and assist Project Coordinator in Project Status Review Meetings with your customers.
- Prepare Status Reports on regular basis to communicate overall project status, including the identification of open items, responsibility for action items, etc.
- Identify and communicate objectives for all on-site services per the Project Coordinator in advance of the meeting with the customer. If appropriate a scope of work to be performed will be defined and agreed to by the customer in advance to gain acceptance of the billable time and work to be done.
- Proactively seek opportunity when with customers. Look for any need they have that Central Data can perform a quality service for them. Bring all opportunities back to Central Data for further exploration with the customer.
- Attend weekly Project Team Meetings with assigned resources to manage outcomes and deliverables and maintain forward progress for each customer
- Train new and post live customers of all software implemented by Central Data
- Learn third party product offerings as necessary; train and support clients long term on those products.
- Learn new releases as they become available.
- Perform training for navigation and System administration on all new accounts
- Assist sales team and sales process to demonstrate the product(s) Central Data Software sells to prospective and existing clients.
- Become comfortable when offering to resolve complex business issues. Share your thoughts and ideas for better business procedures with other Senior Consultants to ensure we’re “one team” and not in conflict with each other in the customer’s eye.
- Identify and recommend process improvements to improve business performance in areas where standard product is being implemented.
- Address policy and operating procedure issues with clients to ensure maximum ROI for technology investment.
- Document and perform Operational and End User punch lists for Process Reconciliation, Pre-Live and Go Live projects.
- Effectively and efficiently deliver implementation services according to project plans
- Enter and maintain accurate up to date time entry for overall accountability
- Ability to travel 25% or more
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following:
- Extrovert Personality - Comfort with face-to-face interaction with clients and vendors. Ability to accept criticism and unfavorable client feedback with appropriate reaction.
- Critical Thinking ad Problem Resolution – Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Obtaining Information – Observing, receiving and otherwise finding information from all relevant sources.
- Attention to Detail – Careful about detail in discovery.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
- Organization - Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives.
- Sales Skills– identify ‘pain-points’ and remedy this with training, services or software to improve profit, increase workflow and deliver competitive edge service.
- Business Process Review – Comprehends process flow and value stream mapping to eliminate waste and improve operational efficiency with technology
- Analytical Thinking – Analyzing information and using logic to address issues and problems.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Capable of learning quickly and taking ownership of projects
- Proficient at requirements gathering.
- Solid documentation expertise.
- Team oriented
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans
- 3+ Years of experience with ERP software. Those with Distribution ERP Software (Prophet21, Eclipse, DDI, FACTS, SX.e, etc.) will be given priority consideration.
Central Data has a fully certified team of business consultants, developers, project managers and engineers to implement new software, support all customers long term and provide architecture to drive our solutions to their highest performance measurements.
Central Data Systems
33305 Grand River Ave.Farmington, MI
Finance and Insurance
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?