Environmental Services Manager
Central Coast Energy Services Watsonville, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Environmental Services Manager manages and implements all aspects of weatherization service delivery for a federally funded low income energy assistance program. This position supervises Weatherization Assessors, Crew Leaders, Technicians, and Customer Service Workers while overseeing residential energy retrofit, HVAC, building maintenance and construction projects. Other department functions include scheduling, job estimating and assessment, skill training, documentation, invoicing and reporting.
You will be leading a team of weatherization and building science experts with a mission to assist low income households on the Central Coast. Knowledge of the construction trades is beneficial, but most important to success in this position are excellent management and leadership skills.
- Ability to communicate with individuals of diverse backgrounds, experience and skill sets, including customers, coworkers, vendors and building officials.
- Ability to supervise and motivate people, and work cooperatively with others in solving complex issues and problems.
- Strong writing and computer skills.
- Ability to comprehend and synthesize documentation from job paperwork, government contracts, weatherization standards and building code.
- Ability to react to change productively.
- Evaluate employees and assist in their development.
- Maintain discipline and morale.
- High emotional intelligence.
- Desire to innovate.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides overall supervision of Environmental Services personnel and evaluates their job skills, proficiency and performance in accordance with established guidelines and schedules.
- Assists in employee recruitment, hiring, training and makes recommendations on promotions and personnel actions.
- Conducts regular performance evaluations for employees supervised.
- Schedules, directs, conducts and participates in relevant trainings and workshops.
- Responsible for safety meetings and overall department safety.
- Understands agency contracts and assures that all Environmental Services work is conducted according to applicable standards, contract and program regulations, weatherization standards and state and local building codes.
- Supervises scheduling staff and oversees crew work schedules.
- Develops and meets dynamic monthly service goals and budgets with Central Coast Energy Services team members.
- Recognizes and identifies changes needed to expand and improve customer service through more effective and efficient management and coordination of policies, personnel, and resources.
- Assures quality customer education regarding safety hazards and energy conservation measures; discusses and coordinates work with customers.
- Reviews completed jobs and checks documentation for accurate time and materials accounting.
- Coordinates and oversees activities for contract based projects within the framework of contractual policies, procedures, guidelines, and budgets.
- Assists in designing, developing, and monitoring automated systems.
- Assists in preparing and maintaining written procedures for operations and activities.
- Assists in designing outreach and marketing programs.
- Assists in preparation of grants and contract application processes.
- Works with project assessors to development scope of work and job plans.
- Establishes and maintains cooperative relationships with other agencies, self-help programs, and companies dedicated to community benefit building repair and maintenance.
- Acquires permits as needed and oversees the permitting process.
- Works with the public.
- Collaborates with funding source representatives.
- Maintain discipline and morale.
- Performs related duties similar to the above in scope and function as required.
Skills and Minimum Qualifications:
- Excellent English language and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Ability to organize, support and schedule work for maximum efficiency and personnel and resource utilization.
- Ability to pay attention to detail and work independently.
- Knowledge of state and local building codes, ordinances, and regulations; building code standards, terminology, and construction methods; occupational health and safety standards, inspection methods, procedures, and record keeping.
- Knowledge of standard tools, materials, methods, and practices involved in building maintenance and repair, including carpentry, plumbing, electrical, and safe work practices
- Systematic and patient in serving the needs of all customers especially those of low-income.
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Ability to learn, apply, and explain rules, methods, policies and procedures of a learning workplace.
- Work productively in the absence of supervision and have leadership responsibilities with others.
Training and Experience:
Any combination of training and experience, which provides the knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the required activities, is qualifying. A typical way to obtain these skills would be:
- Minimum of seven years experience performing duties comparable to that of the Environmental Services Manager at Central Coast Energy Services License Requirements:
- Associate's degree in related field, or equivalent experience. Bachelor's preferred.
- Possession of a California driver’s license; vehicle insurance, and a good driving record.
- Possession of a current valid California Contractors State License Board class B license or the ability to acquire one.
Central Coast Energy ServicesWhy Work Here?
We offer competitive compensation, opportunities for growth & a team you will enjoy working with while fulfilling a meaningful mission.
Central Coast Energy Services, Inc. is a not-for-profit organization which provides energy conservation, consumer education & advocacy, home improvement, utility assistance, job training, and other services to people in need. We serve Monterey, San Benito, Santa Cruz, Santa Clara, San Mateo, San Francisco and Marin counties.
135 Aviation WayWatsonville, CA
Energy and EnvironmentView all jobs at Central Coast Energy Services