The Packaging Supervisor job position is responsible for packaging of products for the Company, while ensuring technical and regulatory compliance with all laws governed by the California Department of Food & Agriculture, California Department of Public Health, and any other applicable regulatory agency, as it pertains to packaging specifications.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty in a satisfactory manner. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required for this position. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with qualifying disabilities to perform the essential function[s] of the job with or without restrictions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Assist Manufacturing Manager with oversight and development of effective packaging, to ensure packaged products are safe and suitable for their intended use or purpose
· Assist management in packaging specification[s] for containers, or wrappers that accompanies any cannabis product with materials and equipment processing
· Maintain adequate inventory of packaging materials and supplies
· Maintain functional knowledge of all laws governing the industry and engage in regular self-development to ensure timely knowledge of changes to regulations pertaining to packaging and labeling of cannabis product
· Assess costs and provide recommendations associated with the packaging and labeling process
· Develop, coach, train and supervise a team
· Perform all other duties as assigned or inherent to the position
· Conduct cycle counting as requested
· Maintain physical inventory as requested
· Assist with track and trace metrc process
Direct Reports: Yes >15
CORE COMPENTENCIES, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Organizational skills. Ability to coordinate tasks in order of priority, while effectively multi-tasking and address all needs of the Company, as it relates to the packaging and labeling process.
- Communication skills. Ability to maintain clear and concise communication, across all departments and with all levels of employees.
- Adaptability. Flexibility to adjust an approach or response to changes with applicable regulations and/or process challenges.
- Accountability. Ability to take ownership of tasks and other responsibilities. Effectively self-manage during times of autonomous work.
- Functional business acumen. Understand the core business purpose and how each functional unit lends to the development and growth of the Company.
- Relationship and team building. Build trust and credibility amongst all business units, especially with the manufacturing and development team[s]. Conduct business in a non-confrontational manner to create a collaborative work environment and provide support to direct reports.
EDUCATION, WORK EXPERIENCE AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
· 5 -7 years as a labeling or packaging technician in the cannabis industry or related field
· Diploma or Certificate of Completion of General Education Studies from an accredited high school
· Intermediate knowledge and practical use of Microsoft Office systems (i.e., MS Word, Excel, Power Point, and other MS Tools) and Google Sheets
· Functional knowledge of California cannabis regulations, specifically as it pertains to packaging, labeling and storage of product
· Must be 21 years of age (or older) at the time of hire
· Proficiency of the English language, verbal and written format
· Intermediate knowledge and practical use of Zebra (or similar) printing equipment
· Previous supervisory experience of labeling or packaging technicians in the cannabis industry
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and sit for long periods at a time; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Manual dexterity is essential to this position. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; and stoop, bend, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift or move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds, preferably utilizing partner lift. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Primarily in a light industrial and office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually low; however, fluctuation of noise level may occur during peak production. The temperature in the work environment is usually moderate; however, fluctuation of temperature, either decreasing or increasing (heat level) is likely to occur during peak production.
Periodic weekend or evening work is expected.