The Warehouse Tech II is responsible for all aspects of warehouse functions including the receiving, storing, handling, shipping and preparing of product for customer delivery. As a Warehouse Tech II, you are responsible for pulling and preparing orders for shipment. You are also responsible for helping to keep the warehouse space neat and orderly. This may involve moving inventory and helping with team reorganization efforts.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty in a satisfactory manner. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required for this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to ensure individuals with disabilities are able to perform the work functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Pull and prepare orders for shipment, delivering the proper paperwork, packaging, and quantity for each order to the required destination in shipping and receiving.
· Prepare manifest for delivery.
· Receive, verify, stage, and stock incoming material, either independently or as part of a team depending on order size and daily staffing needs.
· Ensure the warehouse area is cleaned, organized, and that all safety procedures are being followed at all times.
· Inspect and maintain warehouse equipment including pallet jacks, floor lifts, and basic tools. Report any malfunctions, insufficiencies, or necessary repairs through the relevant channels.
· Properly label, organize, and pack cannabis packages for delivery.
· Executing all filling and packaging procedures in an efficient manner in compliance with company's SOP’s and all applicable manufacturing procedures
· Support new product lines and process development as needed
· Troubleshoot and repair equipment as needed
· Other duties as assigned.
Direct Reports: None
- Planning and Organizing – Engages in short and long-term planning, sets priorities to optimize time usage, adheres to schedules and plans.
- Creativity and Innovation – Initiates conceptual ideas with practical applications, develops creative strategies and opportunities, creative thinking and problem solving, promotes a creative climate.
- Judgment and Decision Making – Solves problems, considers relevant alternatives before making decisions, displays intuitive judgment, shows timeliness and conviction in making recommendations and decisions.
- Teamwork and Relationship-Building Skills – Assists team members in accomplishing their objectives by helping things go right, establishes effective working relationships, and promotes team efforts.
- Adaptability and Change Management Skills – Ability to change to fit changed circumstances. Has the skill to multi-task and juggle competing priorities.
- Develops Self – Learn and grows, maintains current knowledge in the field.
- Communication and Cooperation – Effectively communicates upward, downward and laterally. Prevents unproductive responses, improves the effectiveness of communications and interactions with others.
- Accountability and Productivity – Holds themselves accountable to team members, accepts responsibility for their own decisions, sustains peak performance and solves problems that impede productivity.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
· Accuracy - attention to detail is critical
· Organization - experience creating and implementing processes
· Willingness to work as a team
· Experience working with Google sheets and/or MS Excel
EDUCATION & WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- High school diploma or GED
- Possess effective written and verbal communication skills for interaction with crew, peers, and management
· Ability to operate forklift, hand truck, pallet jack and other warehouse equipment
- Basic computer skills (Google Docs and Excel)
- Basic math skills
· A background in Warehouse operations and logistics, including shipping, receiving, delivery, and inventory is preferred.
- Forklift Operator experience
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Warehouse environment. Must be able to work in extreme temperatures – 15-degree Fahrenheit (freezer) and in confined area. Must be able to: perform moderate to heavy physical labor (lift 30 lbs. frequently and 50 lbs. occasionally). Daily walking, bending, reaching, pushing and pulling (300 lbs. or more with use of manual pallet jack.) Frequent standing, walking, lifting, carrying, and reaching. Must work in sub-freezing temperatures for extended periods of time. Some night and weekend work required.
Job Type: Full-time
Headquartered north of Santa Barbara in the heart of the Santa Ynez Valley, CCA is a company focused on utilizing science and sustainability to grow quality, modern crops. Our unmatched commitment to innovating both organic farming and modern manufacturing means our customers have access to products that exceed expectations.
We breed, grow, and cultivate the highest quality cannabis so we can then process, manufacture, and package the highest quality single-source products on the market under our brand, Raw Garden.
We are a team of change makers, modern farmers, scientists, and business professionals focused on leading the charge for agricultural innovation.
We are on a mission to be the most trusted and loved brand in Cannabis.
Central Coast Agriculture, Inc.
Why Work Here?About Central Coast Agriculture: Headquartered north of Santa Barbara in the heart of the Santa Ynez Valley, CCA is a company focused on utilizing science and sustainability to grow quality, modern crops. Our unmatched commitment to innovating both organic farming and modern manufacturing means our customers have access to products that exceed expectations. We breed, grow, and cultivate the highest quality cannabis so we can then process, manufacture, and package the highest quality single-source products on the market under our brand, Raw Garden. We are a team of change makers, modern farmers, scientists, and business professionals focused on leading the charge for agricultural innovation. We are on a mission to be the most trusted and loved brand in Cannabis.
Growing industry in Santa Barbara County!