As the Engineering Director, you will drive efficiencies in our operations processes, overseeing the on-time and on-budget delivery of projects related to process improvement and automation in the R/D, Nursery, Cultivation, and Manufacturing departments. As a seasoned lean manufacturing and six-sigma practitioner, you’ll identify projects based on ROI (gross margin increases, improved throughput) and feasibility. You’ll work closely with operations team leaders to execute improvement projects to highest adoption and quality.
What You'll Do
· Identify and prioritize operations areas that are in need of improvement through automation
· Recommend process improvements using lean manufacturing and six-sigma best practices
· Project manage improvement projects to successful adoption by operations teams on time and on budget
· Study and understand all process and workflows in CCA R/D, Nursery, Cultivation, and Manufacturing departments
· Create ROI and SWOT analysis for process improvement projects
· Analyze key drivers of product quality including pesticides, HM, and color remediation and derive recommendations
· Manage the budget and the timing of projects to limit current production interruption
· Develop, coach, train, and supervise a team of engineers and project managers
· Maintain professionalism and live CCA’s core values at all times
· Perform all other duties as assigned or inherent to the position
· Up to 25% of domestic travel expected
· Stay current with all laws governing the industry and engage in review of new and improved operations methods
· Assist with review of business proposals, contracts and other matters regarding operations and production processes
What You'll Need to Have
· 5-7 years as an engineer in process improvement and automation
· Bachelors degree in manufacturing or related area
· Six-sigma green belt required, black belt a plus
· Expert user of Microsoft Office and/or Google’s G suite, including Lucidchart
· Functional knowledge of California cannabis regulations
· Must be 21 years of age (or older) at the time of hire
· Proficiency of the English language, verbal and written format
What You'll Receive
· Competitive base salary
· Medical, dental and vision benefits
· Vacation and Holidays
CCA is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by emailing <HR EMAIL HERE>.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and sit for long periods at a time; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Manual dexterity is essential to this position. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; and stoop, bend, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift or move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds, preferably utilizing partner lift. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Primarily in a light industrial and office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually low; however, fluctuation of noise level may occur during peak production. The temperature in the work environment is usually moderate; however, fluctuation of temperature, either decreasing or increasing (heat level) is likely to occur during peak production.
Periodic weekend or evening work is expected.