OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Central City Concern is an innovative nonprofit agency providing comprehensive services to single adults and families in the Portland metro area who are impacted by homelessness, poverty and addictions. We hire people that are skilled and passionate to meet our mission through outcome-based strategies which support personal and community transformation.
Central City Concern is hiring a Clinical Safety Manager to join our team!
SALARY: $100,000-$125,000/Annually DOE
Improving clinical safety requires the coordinated efforts of senior leadership, division leaders, providers and frontline staff. The Clinical Safety Manager is responsible for working collaboratively with these groups for the purpose of measurably improving clinical safety and reducing patient harm/errors. This requires the systematic implementation of effective, reliable care practices and developing an appropriate safety culture
The Clinical Safety Manager is responsible for developing reliable, clinically-appropriate and safe systems, policies and practices and training to improve the overall health and safety of clients, residents, staff and visitors across Central City Concern. In collaboration with the CMO, the role is accountable for developing and implementing an enterprise-wide patient and clinical safety strategy. The role will have in/direct responsibility for facilitating nursing and clinical support staff standards, policies and procedures, and training.
The Clinical Safety Manager reports to the Chief Operating Officer, has a matrix reporting relationship to the Chief Medical Officer. The Clinical Safety collaborates with leaders in Health Services, Housing and Employment. The role partners with members of CCC’s multi-disciplinary Safety team, Legal, Risk, Compliance and HR.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience and progressive responsibility in leadership, complex, and multi-stakeholder improvement initiatives.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in patient safety and safety-related regulations (e.g., JCAHO, Department of Health, CMS) and performance improvement in healthcare
- Masters of Nursing, Public Health, Health Administration, or related field preferred.
Benefits: Central City Concern offers an incredible benefits package to our employees!
- Generous paid time off plan beginning at 4 weeks per year at the time of hire. Accrual increases with longevity.
- Amazing 403(b) Retirement Savings plan with an employer match of 6.25% in your 1st year, 8% in the 2nd year, and 10% in your 3rd year! Fully vested with your first contribution!
- 9 paid Holidays PLUS 2 Personal Holidays to be used at the employee’s discretion.
- Comprehensive Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance coverage.
- Employer Paid Life, Short Term Disability, AND Long Term Disability Insurance!
This description is intended to provide a snapshot of the work performed and is not designed to contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the position.
As an agency deeply rooted in recovery, part of our policy and commitment to a drug and alcohol-free workplace includes post-offer, pre-employment drug screens. Please note we follow Federal Guidelines regarding prohibited substances, even for those legal at the state level.
Central City Concern