Senior Process Engineer - Injection Molding
Central Carolina Products, Inc. Burlington, NC
- Posted: over a month ago
- $70,000 to $95,000 Yearly
- Benefits: dental, life insurance, medical, vision, 401k,
Central Carolina Products, Inc. is a family-owned and run (ISO 9001:2015 registered) custom injection molder of thermoplastics with finishing and assembly capabilities. Located in Burlington, North Carolina, CCP offers complete engineering assistance and support, and provides a wide range of value-added secondary services.
COVID 19 UPDATE: CCP is proactively making sure everyone is working in a safe environment. All employees are required to wear a mask at all times and are encouraged to practice social distancing. Everyone must pass a daily health screening prior to entering the building. Full time sanitizers disinfect high traffic areas throughout the shifts.
SENIOR PROCESS ENGINEER - INJECTION MOLDING
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, document and implement standard manufacturing processes and methodologies.
- Perform research, design and development of manufacturing processes and new technologies.
- Recommend and improve manufacturing processes and methods for cost reduction, quality improvement and efficiency.
- Analyze process development issues and take corrective action to improve Design for Manufacturability.
- Work with design, manufacturing, production, engineers and tooling during the entire development cycle. With emphasis on new mold sampling prior to transfer to production.
- Participate in Tool Design Reviews and recommend improvements to optimize molding, setup, and overall manufacturing.
- Troubleshoot molding and manufacturing processes and material issues. Work with internal and external resources to resolve molding and manufacturing issues and implement long term solutions.
- Research, develop and implement manufacturing process controls, machinery modifications and improvements.
- Molding process development – Scientific Molding practices
- Part and Tool qualification
- Tool teardown inspection and reports
- Provide input on new or alternate materials for cost reduction or molding improvements.
- Perform any and all other duties assigned.
- Participate in design reviews and approve mold designs
- Provide technical assistance and support to the production floor in resolving problems, using systematic methods of troubleshooting, root cause analysis which include repair and modification of existing tooling and processes
- Monitors and ensures effective methods to track and report tooling status updates in a timely manner.
- Participate in root-cause analysis and troubleshooting efforts related to product and/or tooling issues; provides technical input and support as required.
Education and Experience:
- Oral Communication Skills
- Written Communication Skills
- Physical Dexterity
- Reading Skills
- Figure Aptitude
- Time Management
- Mechanical Skills
- Bi-Lingual in Spanish would be ideal (not necessary)
- Frequently required to stand; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- Occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel or crouch.
- Vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- Noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud.
Central Carolina Products, Inc.Why Work Here?
Great benefits and growth opportunities. Overall, a great team to work with.
Central Carolina Products, Inc. is an ISO 9001:2015 registered custom injection molder of thermoplastics with finishing and assembly capabilities. Located in Burlington, North Carolina, CCP offers complete engineering assistance and support, and provides a wide range of value-added secondary services.
250 W. Old Glencoe Rd.Burlington, NC