INTERN - Engineering Project Management
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
PAID INTERNSHIP: $20.00/Hour
APPLY BY: February 6, 2023
Target 11-week Internship Dates: 5/22/23 – 8/3/23
(4-10 work schedule M-Th 6am - 4:30pm)
NOTE: Candidate must be an enrolled member of a Federally recognized tribe and provide proof of tribal enrollment.
- Participate with Project Managers and Construction Contract Administrators in executing construction and design contracts.
- Become familiar with field quality management practices.
- Participate in Design and Construction phase projects that are multi-disciplinary in scope (electrical, civil, mechanical).
- Ensure construction plans and specifications meet customers' functional requirements.
- Identify conflicts between civil, mechanical, and electrical disciplines
- Participate in construction progress meetings with the construction contractor or internal maintenance staff to help ensure communication and minimize confusion during the project.
- Become familiar with various construction delivery methods within public procurement standards.
- Help lead the effort of Project Teams in developing, project schedules, contract requirements and engineering drawings.
- Ensure that project work is advancing in accordance with approved schedules and budgets.
- Help identify and resolve construction risks.
- Become familiar with and apply field construction safety standards.
At the end of the 11-week internship, prepare and deliver a presentation which includes:
- A summary of the work performed
- What was learned during the internship
- An evaluation of the experience at CAP
- Recommendations to incorporate into future intern programs
- Must be an enrolled member of a Federally recognized tribe and provide proof of tribal enrollment.
- Sophomore or higher level student (or recent grad) working toward a degree in Engineering, Construction Engineering, Construction Management, or related field. May be an undergrad or grad student.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Excel.
- Clear oral communication skills and team leadership ability.
- Ability to multi-task, adapt to various personality types, and function in a rapidly moving multi-disciplinary environment.
- Must submit transcripts (unofficial or official) with the online application.
- Must be legally authorized to work a paid internship in the United States.
TO APPLY: www.cap-az.com/jobs
Central Arizona Project
EngineeringView all jobs at Central Arizona Project
Get fresh Internship Project Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.