A well-established, hospital-based Virginia Blue Ridge Mountain Region practice located in Lynchburg, Virginia is seeking an experienced, board certified Breast Imagerfor a full-time, employed Medical Directorship.
80% practice / 20% administrative
About our practice
Our NAPBC certified practice completes approximately 10,000 diagnostic patients & 30,000 screening exams annually and is designated as a Diagnostic Imaging Center of Excellence (DICOE) by the ACR
- Staffed by 1 RN and 6 dedicated ultrasound techs
- Mobile Mammography RV
- MagView - familiarity is a plus!
80% Practice. You can expect:
- Outpatient clinic work with 2 off-site clinic visits/month
- No call, no weekends
- 4-day work weeks (175 days/year)
- Dedicated Breast Imaging (mammography, ultrasound, MRI) with no general radiology responsibilities
- A family-oriented practice
20% Administrative Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- HR management duties such as staff oversight
- ACR recertification
- Physician performance reviews
- CMG Advisory Board opportunity
- Medical Director forum monthly
- Cancer committee and oncology service line quarterly
About our community
Lynchburg, Virginia is nestled in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains, a convenient distance to coastal beaches, ski resorts and metro-areas such as Washington D.C. and Richmond, VA. Lynchburg is home to more than 100,000 residents and our community offers acclaimed schools, 6 colleges and universities and a diverse housing market - from historic to waterfront, urban lofts to suburban estates.
A career opportunity in a region with numerous accolades for high quality of life, including:
- Best Places for Business and Careers - Forbes
- Top Places to Live - CNN Money
- Top Places to Retire - Forbes
- Top Adventure Towns - National Geographic
- America's Best High Schools -Newsweek
- Top Best-Value Cities - Kiplinger.com
For questions or for consideration, please contact:
Elizabeth Salasin, Physician Recruiter via email at Elizabeth.Salasin@CentraHealth.com or call/text at 434-485-2008.