Centerplate Ellicottville, NY
- Posted: over a month ago
Centerplate, a Sodexo company, and our partner venues have been defining extraordinary experiences through thoughtful hospitality, expertly delivered, for more than 80 years at gathering places across North America and the United Kingdom. As the pioneer and leader in live event hospitality, we are committed to making the time that people spend together more rewarding and more valuable. "Making it better to be there since 1929."TM
We are seeking an experienced Restaurant Manager for our location, John Harvard's at Holiday Valley, located in Ellicotville, NY.
Holiday Valley is a family oriented vacation spot and ski resort in Ellicottville, New York. Established in 1957 by Dick Congdon, John Fisher and Bill Northrup, the facility opened with four runs and one T-bar lift. Currently the resort contains 58 slopes and 13 lifts.1 Since its opening Holiday Valley has experienced steady growth and has become the main tourist attraction in Cattaraugus County. In 1995 the Inn at Holiday Valley opened, turning the slope into a self-contained ski resort.
The resort is located in the southern part of the town of Ellicottville, between the village and the town of Great Valley on U.S. Route 219. It is part of the ski country belt that runs through western New York and is one of two ski resorts in the town of Ellicottville, the other being Holimont; unlike Holimont, which is mostly restricted to members only, Holiday Valley is open to the public.
The Restaurant Manager will provide hands-on leadership to facilitate dining experiences that exceed guest expectations, while revenue is maximized and expenses are effectively controlled. The Restaurant Manager's highest priorities will be to ensure that Centerplate's standards for quality, service, timeliness, safety, security, sanitation and regulatory compliance are adhered to.
The Restaurant Manager will plan and prepare according to anticipated guest attendance and client expectations, will provide hands-on management and oversight, and will direct and support post-event activities, reconciliation and reporting.
The Restaurant Manager will establish daily priorities and will direct the on-going activities of front of house and back of house staff to ensure that operations run smoothly, efficiently and in accordance with client/partner specifications.
- Support and maximize Centerplate's merchandise revenue through implementation and oversight of systems and policies related to Restaurant operations.
- Provide leadership and direction to Restaurant Supervisors, Leads and front line staff.
- Ensure that policies and procedures for processing customer transactions are adhered to.
- Contribute to goal of making Centerplate #1 in Event Hospitality and the #1 Employer of Choice through personal commitment and leading by example.
- Bachelor's degree and/or appropriate combination of education and experience to support on-the-job effectiveness.
- A minimum of 2 years of previous leadership experience within a diverse food and beverage environment, to include management of a large staff and focus on exceptional client and customer service.
- Venue catering/Restaurant experience and multi-site experience strongly preferred, as this position will have responsibility over multiple locations including cafes, coffee shops, bistros and convenience locations.
- Strong working knowledge of food safety, sanitation, and general workplace safety standards with knowledge of Health Department requirements.
- Demonstrated financial acumen; P&L accountability and/or contract-managed service experience is highly desirable
- Technologically savvy, with high proficiency in all Microsoft Office programs.
- Demonstrated success in interfacing with a variety of organizational functions and divisions to accomplish tasks.
- Flexibility, ability to work extended or irregular hours to include nights, weekends and holidays.
Other requirements include but are not limited to:
Subject to wet floors, temperature extremes and excessive noise; must be able to lift up to 50 pounds in weight; must be able to maneuver in an often tightly-quartered environment.
Centerplate, a Sodexo company, is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
FoodView all jobs at Centerplate