Associate Representative, Customer Service
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Center Point Energy* is looking for a Associate Representative, Customer Service to join our Team, located in Houston, TX.
You will have the ability to receive and respond to customer inquiries, complaints or sales/promotional opportunities for CenterPoint Energy gas and/ or electric customers in a fast paced, high call volume environment. Performs direct customer contact through various channels including phone, email and chat. Completes administrative functions and data entry.
We want you to know
CenterPoint Energy and its predecessor companies have been in business for more than 150 years. Our vision to lead the nation in delivering energy, service and value drives our strategy and performance. We have an unwavering commitment to safely and reliably deliver electricity and natural gas to millions of people.
Diversity and Inclusion
CenterPoint Energy is committed to creating an inclusive work environment where business results are achieved through the skills, abilities and talents of our diverse workforce.
At CenterPoint Energy, individuals are respected for their contributions toward our company objectives. We strive for an inclusive work environment across all levels that is reflective of the available workforce in the communities we serve.
What we bring to you
- Competitive pay
- Paid training
- Benefits eligibility begins on your first day
- Subsides metro and parking discounts
- Flexible work schedule, paid holidays and paid time off
- Access to discounts at fitness clubs and an on-site wellness center at our headquarters in Houston
- Professional growth and development programs including tuition reimbursement
- 401(k) Savings Plan featuring a company match dollar-for-dollar up to 6% and a company contribution of 3% regardless of your contribution with immediate 100% vesting.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Respond to all questions relating to all Company customer service inquiries via verbal and/or written communication with a focus on one call resolution.
- Issue orders to establish or discontinue gas service or to establish Electric Service Identifier (ESID) number to create meter sets.
- Resolve billing inquiries, performs account adjustments, negotiates payment arrangements and deposit amounts, processes online customer service and electronic billing inquiries, and follows-up on customer accounts.
- Solicit customer feedback on service provided and initiates action based on customer feedback. Receive and appropriately prioritizes trouble calls.
- Interact with Competitive Retail providers (CRs) to discuss readings, billing dates, order receipts, etc.
- Ensure proper electric and gas permitting is in place by interacting with internal permitting department or other entities as needed.
- Consider each customer contact as an opportunity to sell or promote additional value-added products or services offered by the company (i.e. IVR, Web, etc.)
- Interact with other departments to resolve customer inquiries and achieve customer satisfaction. These departments include Transmission and Distribution, Field Activities, Field Services, Revenue Accounting and others when necessary.
Your background includes:
- Requires a high school diploma or GED
- Requires a minimum of 1 year customer interaction experience, preferably one year in a high-volume call center environment, with a proven history of professionally and effectively resolving customer concerns.
A bonus to have:
- Fluency in English and Spanish
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a), and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.*
AddressLos Angeles, CA
BusinessView all jobs at CenterPoint Energy