DevOps Kubernetes Engineer
- Posted: over a month ago
The DevOps engineer is a unique position reporting to the DevOps manager. The position combines the highest-level security, operations, and infrastructure engineering responsibilities. Individuals identified for this role have demonstrated an ability to work individually, as part of a team, and coach/mentor support staff across multiple technologies.
The DevOps engineer performs escalated troubleshooting, implementation, provides guidance on best practices for DevOps, and ensures services to both external clients and internal platforms meet delivery and continuity requirements. The DevOps manager will provide direct mentoring/coaching/experience but desires the DevOps to make this position(s) and approach as their own.
- Build and operate Kubernetes platforms to deliver highly available environments for clients
- Apply SRE concepts to provide a highly available service leveraging automation to ensure the team and platform can scale to meet incoming demand while adhering to strict SLAs
- Review and refine cloud team practices and toolsets to drive improvement in the customer experience and success including suitability assessments, on-boarding processes, and support
- Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency, and overall system health
- Work with the cloud operations teams and application developer teams to ensure efficient service delivery and act as an escalation point for incidents
- Establish design patterns, architecture best practices and processes to facilitate delivery in alignment with the enterprise requirements
- Provide mentorship and training to other team members on technologies and processes, drive education and knowledge transfer of design patterns, technical practices, and relevant technologies and tools
- Drive high standards around incident response practices and policies
- Hands on experience with AKS, EKS, Rancher, or other enterprise/Cloud Kubernetes platforms
- Experience with application development in containers leveraging API and CI/CD tooling (Azure Pipelines, Jenkins, etc.)
- 5+ years of experience in an operational role e.g., Linux Admin, DevOps Engineer, SRE, or Software Engineer where you supported your apps in production
- 3+ years of experience doing development in any of Java, NodeJS, .NET Core, Python languages
- 3+ years of experience with development, deployment, and support of applications with an active user base; managed through a change management process
- Experience with Kubernetes management, backup and recovery, and deployment tools (i.e., Kasten, Portworx, Argo, etc.)
- Experience with Kubernetes security management using tools like OPA, AppArmor, etc..
- Automation experience using Terraform or Ansible, Bash/Shell scripting, or similar tools
- Experience with CLI tools such as Helm, Tiller, Kustomize for declarative management of Kubernetes objects.
- Source Code management (SCM) Tools such as Git
Nice to Have Skills:
- Experience with platform observability and logging tools (i.e. Dynatrace, Datadog, Grafana, ELK, Splunk, etc.)
- Familiarity with API Documentation tools such as Swagger, RAML is an asset
- Solid understanding of general networking principles and common protocols
- Experience with workflow management and incident management tools such as ServiceNow, PagerDuty, etc.
- Experience with Agile Tools
Powered by JazzHR
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?