Sr. High School-Ministry Team Lead
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Sr. High School -Youth Ministry Team Leader is a part-time position, reporting to the Associate Pastor of Discipleship and Engagement, and administratively to the Business Administrator. The candidate should possess the ability to oversee COH’s ministry to Senior High school-age youths and their families, as he/she will be part of a team for designing and implementing a transformative youth ministry with appropriate infrastructure and systems to support a healthy and growing church. This role will have annual performance reviews in concert with ongoing COH performance and talent management practices.
As a member of the ministry leadership team, the candidate will be involved in strategic planning, evaluation, and organizational development initiatives aimed at the systematic growth and achievement of the COH’s mission and vision. In keeping with the COH ministry model, mission, and vision, the candidate will serve as a subject matter expert interacting with other internal and external ministry participants as coordinator, overseer, advisor, teacher, facilitator, and mentor on all issues related to a thriving youth ministry at the COH.
Specific responsibilities include:
The candidate will be responsible for oversight and leadership of the Senior High youth Christian development in all applicable environments. He or she will be responsible for recruiting and inspiring an incredible team to lead the spiritual growth of the next generation of disciples at the COH. Therefore, the candidate’s ability to attract, acquire, develop and deploy effective leaders, both volunteers, and paid staff, while creating relevant environments for youth will be crucial to his or her success. The candidate will champion Senior High youth and related family ministry by overseeing all staff and programming execution for COH youth environments.
In addition to the above, other responsibilities include:
- Understand the COH model & culture as well as its strategic plan.
- Work as a team member to evaluate COH’s current ministry structure to determine needed roles to facilitate the appropriate Senior High youth ministry model.
- Develop goals (i.e., short- and long-term) and objectives for the Senior High School youth ministry area in line with the strategic plan.
- Develop and coordinate a Senior High youth worship program.
- Create stimulating and safe environments, activities, and programming for the assigned age group that will facilitate learning and encourages spiritual growth.
- Recognize trends of families in our culture, with an understanding of how to respond in relevant ways.
- Help to provide parents with the tools they need for spiritual leadership, especially in the home.
- Address specific personal and spiritual needs of Senior High youth as they arise through one-on-one or COH Life Group model, benevolent/care visits, or other connections appropriate to the circumstances.
- Help congregants understand the needs of youth.
- Develop and implement an annual calendar of activities and programs that are inclusive and promote relationship development and discipleship at levels appropriate to the group.
- Develop and manage the annual budget for the Senior High school ministry.
- Be responsive to communication demands which arise through personal interaction, email, and telephone contacts.
- Collaborate with Student Ministries (Junior High School- Youth Ministry Lead and the Director of Children’s Ministry) to ensure a consistent continuum of youth Christian development.
- Develop relationships with schools, churches, and other organizations that support our efforts to reach Senior High youth in the church and the community.
- Develop system(s) to monitor and report ongoing ministry objectives to Senior Pastor and/or appointed representative(s).
- Serve as manager of the Senior High youth ministry by conducting performance assessments and providing ongoing informal performance feedback to those volunteers involved in the ministry.
- Work with the church administration team to ensure membership information and databases are up to date and maintained.
- Document approaches and outcomes for establishing a model for future church planting.
- Efficiently utilize and make strategic suggestions on technologies that would aid in the execution of the ministry’s goals and objectives.
- Assist with the maintenance of the youth ministry section on the church website and support social media and IT-related efforts.
Other Ministerial Duties:
- As a member of the ministry leadership team, the Sr. High – Youth Ministry Leader will also assist in serving the congregation in all aspects of discipleship and care including, but not limited to, teaching as requested, visitation, and giving direction to others in supporting the ongoing discipleship and care for the church at large. Also, the candidate will work with the ministry leadership and staff to create, plan and oversee efforts to reach the unchurched locally, nationally, and globally by advancing the mission and vision of the ministry.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Center of Hope
9550 Crenshaw BlvdInglewood, CA
Get fresh Associate Teacher jobs daily straight to your inbox!