Product and Data Analyst
Consumers' Checkbook/Center for the Study of Services (Checkbook/CSS) is a consumer nonprofit with over 40 years of experience evaluating many types of service providers. This work has put us on the front lines of reforming the health care system to provide consumers with timely, complete, and relevant information to help them make good choices in healthcare services. Our work has been recognized with several awards, including the inaugural National Quality Forum Consumers and Patients for Quality Award.
We are seeking a Product and Data Analyst to support our product offers including health plan comparison tools, which we provide for consumers in various states, and ratings of individual surgeons based on risk adjusted mortality and complication rates, and other information for consumers. This position will also contribute to policy-making to improve the health system, from efforts to make data on doctor availability, quality, and price more available, to improving and analyzing plan and provider networks for insurance regulators.
The Product and Data Analyst supports our health plan comparison tools, which we provide for consumers in various states and for federal employees and retirees, and other consumer facing information products and services. The Product and Data Analyst takes primary responsibility for executing key project and data related tasks. This work will directly support services we provide (e.g., our web applications) to partner organizations and information that consumers use to make important decisions. This position requires close coordination between team members and outside stakeholders to keep project timelines on track and to make sure results are accurate and actionable for consumers.
If you are passionate about making our health system more efficient and responsive to individuals, come help us in making consumer-driven healthcare really work for consumers. Please include cover letter and resume. No phone calls please. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
We have a positive team environment, and a culture of collaborating and implementing ideas to make markets work better for consumers.
Data Management: Gather and review health plan data from a variety of information sources; shepherd the data through established processes; and evaluate output data for accuracy or possible errors.
• Policy Research: Read and summarize changes to government and industry policies and procedures. Communicate summary and impact of changes to the team.
• Information Delivery: Collaborate with team members to plan and design innovative ways to leverage and display information to help consumers make better informed decisions.
• Customer Support: Manage incoming consumer questions on health insurance selection, eligibility, policy, etc. Document common/key questions and answers into our knowledge base, to enable more efficient customer service. Use customer feedback to identify missing features, make recommendations for new features, and troubleshoot problem areas.
• Client Access Lead: Develop access solutions for enterprise clients and serve as the primary point of contact for troubleshooting, renewal, and other client inquiries.
• A bachelor's degree (required) and 2+ years work experience (preferred) with coursework or experience that demonstrates analytical ability, subject matter experience, and/or organizational ability;
• Interest in technology products and markets, especially in healthcare
• Ability to understand and empathize with people of many different backgrounds
• Understanding of general statistics, algebraic logic, and ability to interpret data
• Fundamental technical skills using spreadsheets. Experience with statistical software such as R, Python, SAS, or similar statistical packages a plus
• Ability to become proficient writing SQL queries and procedures. Previous coursework or experience in programming, database development, or SQL a plus
• Strong interpersonal and communications skills
• Willingness to roll up your sleeves with all aspects of product and data analysis, testing, data cleaning, and delivery
• Familiarity with Agile methodologies for identifying priorities, developing software, and gathering feedback (preferred)
• Experience analyzing products and markets, especially health-related products (preferred)
• Understanding of different health insurance products and markets in the US (preferred)
• Working knowledge of insurance plan design -- plan benefits, formulary, provider networks, etc. (preferred)
• Product development and user experience skills - user interviews, interaction with designers (preferred)
• Experience and interest in simplification of complex results for non-technical audiences (preferred)
• Strong writing skills (preferred)
Why work for CSS?
- Great benefits, including: medical, dental, vision, disability, and life
- 11 paid holidays in the year + your birthday
- 120 hours of PTO per year, accrued biweekly
- 10% employer 403b contribution after 2 years of service
- Employee Assistance Program
Please see the attached job description for full details.
Center for the Study of ServicesWashington, DC
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.