This role is responsible for identifying, securing and stewarding institutional grants and cultivating other grant making and sponsoring entities from foundations, corporations and government agencies to support the strategic growth plan of Center for Youth Wellness.
This position is responsible for managing institutional relationships and grant narrative and proposal writing processes, maintaining the institutional activity calendar and deadlines, and ensuring that the development database is efficiently updated and maintained. You will work with the Director of Development, CEO and other staff to assit in setting the strategy and goals for institutional funders.
To be considered, you MUST have:
- A Bachelor's degree
- A minimum of 5-7 years of institutional fundraising experience
- A proven track record of soliciting and securing six- and seven- figure gifts from foundations, corporations or government agencies
- Experience building and managing a team and developing fundraising systems, processes and strategies
- Ability to manage multiple grants and deliverables at one time
- Strong knowledge of local, state and national institutional funders
- Experience working within a community-based setting, particularly with low-income communities of color
- Excellent time management skills
- Exhibit strong leadership and professional demeanor in a fast paced environment;
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of emotional intelligence;
- Proficiency in using Salesforce
- Knowledge of effective fundraising strategies and techniques for growing nonprofits; thorough and specific knowledge of the principles and techniques of foundation, corporate and government grant-making;
And it'd be great if you also have:
- Experience working with health, medical, and behavioral specialists
- Health, clinical, and/or medical research-driven institutional fundraising experience
- Knowledge of health disparities in low-income communities, Adverse Childhood Experiences and toxic stress
- Existing familiarity and relationships with donors
This position is based in San Francisco, CA and requires the ability to work onsite full-time!
For a complete description with further details please go to: https://careers-hroptions2.icims.com/jobs/2861/associate-director-of-institutional-gifts/job