Mental Health Therapist or Psychologist (adults)- Full Time
Center for Solace Spokane, WA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Have you always seen yourself moving into a group therapy practice environment but intimated by the arduous task or running and maintaining a business? To have the work/life balance you desire, do you need a consistent paycheck unlike the stress of insurance companies holding your wages hostage? We offer a compassionate, friendly and supportive working environment, full administrative staff, private offices, medical/dental/vision benefits and retirement plan. Our therapists are paid their worked hours every two weeks, regardless of the length of time insurance takes. We even offer several weeks of PTO and holiday pay to help you maintain a comfortable and consistent financial lifestyle. We provide a yearly education stipend to help therapists work towards certifications. We strive to have all the perks of agency practice with all the perks of private practice.
Classification: Clinical Non-Exempt
Salary Grade: Depending on education level; hourly compensation per billed client hour
Benefits: 3-4 weeks PTO, Medical/Dental/Vision, Retirement plan & Life insurance, 8 paid holidays
Reports to: Clinical Director
Date Posted: April 9, 2021
Position Begins: After insurance panel credentialing is completed (~6 weeks to 3 months)
A Therapist reports to the Clinical Director and is responsible for providing psychotherapy/counseling services to a diverse clinical population utilizing a variety of treatment modalities, including individual, group and family therapy in the context of a guiding theoretical lens.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provide psychotherapy/counseling services to a diverse clinical population utilizing a variety of treatment modalities, including individual, group and family therapy using a guiding theoretical orientation.
- Conduct and write up bio/psycho/social intake assessment with diagnosis
- Complete pre-authorization or re-authorization for clients as needed
- Complete progress notes on EMR system within 24 hours of service provided
- Remain dedicated to a lifetime of learning in the pursuit of knowledge culminating in certifications or specialty training
- Participate in individual supervision/consultation as needed.
- Develop and maintain client case records, plans and reports; compile data for statistical purposes.
- Work with schools and other agencies to coordinate and facilitate services to clients.
- Attend in-services, staffing and other meetings as assigned. May be appointed to committees.
- Provide peer consultation to colleagues
- Participate in developing agency policies and procedures with regard to practices and program needs.
- Participate in staffing regarding treatment plan of care of clients
- Communicate with family regarding client adjustment and plan of care when indicated.
- Consult with psychiatrist to provide follow-through in treatment of clients.
- Consult with community providers, physicians and external groups on client cases.
- Deliver emergency and crisis services to current clients during normal working hours (when assigned).
- Communication proficiency.
- Client focus.
- Ethical conduct.
- Problem solving/analysis.
- Teamwork Orientation
Supervisory Responsibility: This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities but does serve as a coach and mentor for other positions in the department.
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: Full time clinical practice is defined by offering 32 appointment slots each week. Clinic is open from 8 to 6:30 pm Monday through Friday.
Travel: No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience:
- Masters or doctoral degree in counseling, marriage and family therapy, social work, psychology or a related field.
- Unencumbered license as either a: LMHC, LMFT, LICSW, PhD
- Grounded in a guiding theoretical orientation
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Additional training and/or certification in evidence-based or efficacy-based practices.
- 2+ years of professional experience.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Must be able to pass a background check.
- Must be able to function independently and have flexibility, personal integrity and the ability to work effectively with clients, staff and support agencies.
- Must be able to relate to and work with ill, disabled, elderly, emotionally upset and at times hostile people within the Center.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
AAP/EEO: Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Please send your resume and a cover letter via email or address. Attn: Dr. Becky Rudd, 407 E 2nd Ave Suite 250, Spokane WA 99202.
Please ensure your cover letter addresses the following:
- Your guiding theoretical orientation and approach to working with clients
- Certifications or training you have pursued or plan to pursue.
- Evidence-based practices you use in your work
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $46,779.00 – $95,503.00 per year
All clients are screened upon arrival. Large portion of our sessions are conducted through telehealth.
Please compile the following documents and submit via email to ATTN: Dr. Becky Rudd @ firstname.lastname@example.org
- Upload a cover letter which details how your experience pertains to the minimum and preferred position criteria
- A resume
- 3 References
Undergraduate Intern (Currently Accepting Applications for Winter and Spring 2021)
An undergraduate intern is an individual who is currently enrolled at a university and pursuing a degree in psychology, social work, or related field. The experience at CFS is meant to fulfill academic requirements. The intern reports to the Office Manager and Clinical Director.
- Enrolled in an undergraduate program in the social sciences.
- Experience is under the direction of a university supervisor
- Interest in working with the clinical mental health population through the pursuit of a master or doctoral degree.
- Experience in customer service a plus
- Excellent verbal, social and written communication skills
- Empathy and basic microskills
- Technical skills: excel, word, EMR
- Complete initial phone intake screening for new clients and assign to appropriate therapist
- Set up new client charts and ensure all required documentation is obtained.
- Support Clinical Director with clinical chart audits
- Assist in coordinating professional continuing education events and maintain CEUs
- Attend weekly admin and clinical meetings
- Do other tasks as assigned
Center for SolaceWhy Work Here?
We strive to have all the perks of agency practice with all the perks of private practice.
407 E 2nd Ave Ste 250 Spokane WA 99202Spokane, WA
HealthcareView all jobs at Center for Solace