Hope. Care. Cure. These three simple words capture what we do at Seattle Children's -- to help every child live the healthiest and most fulfilling life possible. Are you ready to engage with a mission-driven organization that is life-changing to many, and touches the hearts of all? #HOPECARECURE
Our founding promise to the community is as valid today as it was over a century ago: we will care for all children in our region, regardless of the families' ability to pay. Together, we deliver superior patient care, advance new discoveries and treatments through pediatric research, and serve as the pediatric and adolescent, academic medical center for Washington, Alaska, Montana and Idaho - the largest region of any children's hospital in the country.
In 2019, U.S. News & World Report once again ranked Seattle Children's among the nation's best children's hospitals - for the 27th year in a row. We received national rankings in all 10 specialty areas evaluated by U.S. News & World Report, and are honored to be the only pediatric medical center in Washington to be ranked.
As a Magnet designated institution, and classified among America's best large employers by Forbes, we recognize the importance of hiring and developing great talent to provide best-in-class care to the patients and families we serve. Our organizational DNA takes form in our core values: Compassion, Excellence, Integrity, Collaboration, Equity and Innovation. Whether it's delivering frontline care to our patients in a kind and caring manner, practicing the highest standards of quality and safety, or being relentlessly curious as we work towards eradicating childhood diseases, these values are the fabric of our culture and community.
- Pharmacy Technician I, Home Care (Bothell) -
Provide technical support and assistance to pharmacy staff under supervision of a clinical pharmacist and following established procedures. Prepare, distribute, and deliver medications. Control inventory, provide customer service, perform data entry, and perform record keeping functions.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Graduation from Washington Board of Pharmacy accredited pharmacy technician training program, or equivalent.
- Current Washington State Pharmacy Technician Certification.
- Copy of required education for this position (diploma or transcript) must be submitted upon hire.
- Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT).
- Hospital/Home Care pharmacy experience.
- Experience preparing IV admixtures: large volume parenterals, syringes, chemotherapy, specialty drips, compounded preparations, investigational medications, reconstitute antibiotics.
- Flexibility to assist pharmacist in filling home care drug orders.
- Experience maintaining equipment and helping to resolve equipment problems.
- Experience documenting hood cleaning and refrigerator temperatures.
- Experience cleaning and calibrating compounders.
The people who work at Seattle Children's are members of a community that seeks to respect and celebrate all the qualities that make each of us unique. Each of us is empowered to be ourselves within this community, which cultivates and promotes equity, diversity, and inclusion at all levels.
Seattle Children's is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Workplace and Affirmative Action Employer.
Area of Interest: Pharmaceutical Services
Location Name: Home Health - Bothell
FTE/Hours per pay period: 1.0 FTE (80 hours per bi-weekly pay periods)
Work Status: Regular
Department: Home Care Infusion Therapy
Shift: Day Shift