- Posted: over a month ago
The Center for Health Care Strategies (CHCS) is a policy design and implementation partner devoted to improving outcomes for people enrolled in Medicaid. We connect people and ideas to spark insights, build expertise, and spread innovations to provide more effective, efficient, and equitable care for millions of people across the nation. The passion, expertise and creativity of CHCS’ staff make our work possible. We are committed to a diverse workforce that brings distinct perspectives, cultures, races, ethnicities, gender and sexual identities, experiences, and abilities to the table.
CHCS seeks a detail-oriented, proactive, and creative communications associate to support promotional activities for its nationally recognized health care policy programs. This position will support a wide range of communications and marketing activities, including drafting promotional messaging, coordinating CHCS’ social media presence, and managing website content, among other responsibilities. This is an exciting opportunity for an emerging professional who is motivated by CHCS’ mission to improve the health of people who face serious barriers to well-being and enjoys translating complex topics into digestible and compelling content that helps drive positive change.
This is a full-time, junior-level position based in the CHCS office, near Princeton, NJ. This position offers a hybrid schedule, two days in the office and three days remote.Primary Responsibilities
- Support the planning, creation, and dissemination of a broad range of communications products (e.g., briefs, technical assistance tools, infographics, explainers, etc.) for CHCS’ diverse portfolio of programs.
- Lead the drafting of compelling and persuasive promotional campaign copy — including email marketing, social media, web, and online advertising.
- Coordinate production for CHCS’ promotional campaigns, including 3-5 weekly publication releases and two monthly newsletters.
- Oversee CHCS’ social media presence on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, and YouTube, including developing and executing an engaging social media strategy, interacting with followers, and monitoring stakeholder and topic feeds.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of digital engagement by assisting with analytics reports to monitor the effectiveness and reach of digital media.
- Support website content management, publication proofreading, and webinar preparation, among other communications activities.
- Passionate about CHCS’ mission and its work to promote health equity for underserved populations.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent professional experience, in communications, journalism, public relations, marketing, or related field with 2-3 years relevant experience.
- Proven expertise in writing compelling short-form content (e.g., website, email, social media, blog posts), with meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability and eagerness to learn new skills and adapt to a continually evolving digital media landscape.
- Thrives in a fast-paced and creative environment with multiple deadline-driven projects and is adept at proactively setting and adhering to production timelines.
- Ability to build relationships and network with colleagues across all levels within CHCS.
- Experience with Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
- Experience with content management systems (WordPress), digital marketing tools (MailChimp), and social media scheduling tools (Sprout Social), are a plus.
The employee will perform job duties in a business office environment. Tasks are generally carried out with no specific or unusual physical or environmental demands. While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to work at a desk with a computer for extended periods of time. Specific physical abilities required by this job include operating basic office equipment such as personal computers, duplicating machines, fax machines and standard office telephones. The employee may be required to attend meetings, both on- and offsite, via phone, videoconference or in person.
All CHCS employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of their vaccination status before their start date. Employees who cannot receive the vaccine because of a disability/medical contraindication or sincerely held religious belief may request an accommodation (e.g., an exemption) through Human Resources to this requirement.Salary and Compensation
Salary is commensurate with experience and education. CHCS also offers a highly competitive benefit package.To Apply
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and three (3) writing samples (professional, educational, or creative) via CHCS’ Career Center. Cover letters should include:
- Why you are interested in the Communications Associate position.
- Any additional professional and/or personal experience that informs your qualifications for the position that otherwise is not obvious from your resume.
- Your salary requirements for the position.
This description is not intended to limit the responsibilities of a prospective employee to the duties listed above. Responsibilities may vary based on company and individual capabilities.
The Center for Health Care Strategies provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Center for Health Care Strategies Inc
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?