CFG is looking for a part-time Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist for our Residential Program in Camden, NJ. This is a twenty-four (24) hour per week position.
- Ensure early diagnosis and evaluation; medication management and supervision of treatment in collaboration with other multidisciplinary staff.
- Evaluations are performed by a psychiatrist for establishing an accurate five Axis diagnosis, appropriate level of care, treatment and aftercare planning.
- Medication management is pharmacological assessment and interventions, possible modification of existing pharmacological regimen, ongoing determination of pharmacological efficacy, identification and management of adverse effects, initial prescription(s), and renewal(s) as necessary.
- Psychiatric supervision of treatment involves individual and/or treatment team supervision for initial and ongoing evaluation of patient progress intervention(s), outcome(s), adherence to and efficacy of treatment plan goals and objectives, treatment planning modifications, adherence and maintenance of treatment team focus and priorities, documentation review, and appropriate consultation with medical specialists.
- Assist with staff development and activities.
- Annual certification in the Handle With Care behavior management system.
- The psychiatrist shall be a physician licensed by the state of New Jersey.
- Must be a board certified psychiatrist with two years experience working with youth.
- Should be involved in continuing education activities to further his/her own professional development
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.