Under minimal supervision, the (part-time) Purchasing/Inventory Clerk is to performs a wide variety of clerical work and administrative work.
Participates in promoting the CET mission and initiatives and in the accomplishment of the organization’s goals.
Essential Functions, as needed:
- Assist the department manager by organizing clerical operations and departmental policies and procedures.
- Process responsible administrative details not requiring the immediate attention of the manager.
- Collect, compile and analyze information pertaining to the functions of the department.
- Work with Filing systems for record storage and retrieval.
- Perform material handling functions including inspection, receipt, stock, delivery, shipping of supplies, materials, and equipment. Assign asset tags as needed.
- Prepare inventory documentation to update inventory records.
- Use computer terminal to input and retrieve a variety of data using numerous programs and formats and devising formats for specialized purposes as requested by manager.;
- Proofreads material for clerical accuracy, spelling, grammar, and clarity using judgment in making editorial changes.
- Perform a variety of clerical functions, including: typing and/or responding to letters, emails, memos, and answering the telephone.
- Keep immediate manager fully and accurately informed concerning work progress, including present and potential work problems.
- Perform a variety of record keeping duties including producing, maintaining and printing reports, maintain purchasing files.
- Receive, sort and distribute incoming and outgoing correspondence.
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities as required including completion of physical inventory.
Preferred Knowledge of:
- Record keeping methods, data processing as it relates to purchasing and inventory.
- Material, supplies and equipment used.
- English usage, spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Thorough knowledge of Modern office procedures, practices and equipment, operating methods and associated software. Including MS office programs such as, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Outstanding customer service attitude.
- Handle multiple tasks and prioritization of duties in an office environment and strong attention to details.
- Perform clerical and staff work in a purchasing environment.
- Communicate with vendors and staff sometimes involving irate and/or dissatisfied employees and vendors.
- Operate a variety of office equipment including a computer, fax machines, copier.
- To work independently and in a team environment.
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Communicate clearly and concisely with others, both orally and in writing using both technical and non-technical language.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Perform a wide variety of duties and responsibilities with accuracy and speed under the pressure of time sensitive deadlines.
- Willingness to quickly learn and put to use new skills and knowledge brought about by rapidly changing information and/or technology.
- Maintain a mental capacity, which allows for effective interaction and communication with others.
- Maintain a physical condition appropriate to the performance of assigned duties and responsibilities which may include the following: Sitting for extended periods of time and operating assigned equipment in an office environment.
- Able to lift up to 50 pound packages.
- Integrity, ingenuity and inventiveness in the performance of assigned tasks.
- Maintain effective audio/visual distinction and perception needed for:
- Making observations
- Communicating with others
- Reading and writing
- Operating assigned equipment
Experience and Training Guidelines:
Any combination of experience and training that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be: One year of administrative clerical experience. Equivalent to the completion of the twelfth grade.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
CET is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and it is our policy to be in compliance with all state and federal regulations relative to discrimination in employment. CET follows the practice of promoting Equal Employment Opportunity.
Company Website: https://cetweb.edu/