- $18 to $34 Hourly
- Medical , Life Insurance , Retirement
The SAIS Office of Faculty Affairs (OFA) is seeking an Administrative Coordinator who will provide broad administrative support, assist in the planning, organization and execution of OFA-related events, special projects and faculty governance, and maintain faculty files and other records (e.g., spreadsheets, databases) in support of faculty onboarding and off-boarding, promotions process, and accreditation reviews. Duties will be of a sensitive and confidential nature and will require the ability to communicate in a highly professional manner with faculty, university leadership, and external VIPs/contacts.
The Faculty Coordinator will report to the administrative manager and serve as a backup to the manager.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- The OFA Coordinator will provide day-to-day administrative support as well as the implementation of strategic and operational priorities.
- The individual will coordinate with various offices to plan, organize and achieve regular and exceptional faculty affairs projects.
- The specific duties include but are not limited to,
General Administrative Support
- Acts as the first point of contact for general faculty affairs inquiries and visitors, as appropriate.
- Provides needs to the Vice Dean for Faculty Affairs and other Academic and Faculty Affairs senior staff on overlapping areas and collaborates with JHU academic offices and divisions as needed;
- Collaborates with HR in all faculty onboarding and off-boarding;
- Events planning and implementation;
- Assists faculty with expense reimbursements, travel-related questions and grant questions.
Support events & meetings
- Supports various categories of faculty-related activities.
- Assists in Faculty Senate meetings, including room reservations, catering, meeting materials and records.
- Plans and organizes Faculty Research Forums.
- Caters for events and conferences (e.g., forums, Academic Board meetings, Faculty Senate meetings, special events, etc.).
Information tracking & Coordination
- Develops and maintains internal faculty databases, including the Focus Areas faculty roster and faculty onboarding and off-boarding, and ensures the data is current and accurate.
- SAIS Portal & web entries/updates related to faculty bio pages and other areas.
- Coordinates with Communications Office to keep the faculty profile pages up to date.
- Conducts background research for special projects, as needed.
- Devise a strategy for information coordination within school/university-wide academic offices and divisions.
- Faculty force (school-wide faculty database).
- Accurately archives OFA files.
Other administrative support
- Assists ongoing OFA events and projects.
- Collaborates with JHU academic offices and divisions as needed.
- Performs duties as assigned.
Special Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Customer-oriented service skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in order to interact with all levels of administration, faculty, and outside parties from diverse cultures and of diverse ages.
- Strong organizational skills with acute attention to detail.
- Team player & self-starter.
- Ability to adapt to new and rapidly changing situations.
- Sensitivity to culturally diverse situations in a dynamic international environment.
- Strong office software and database skills - Intermediate to Advanced levels of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office Suite, database, data collection, electronic data compilation and report-generating experience.
- Commitment to diversity and to serving the needs of a diverse community.
- High School Diploma or graduation equivalent.
- Three years related experience.
- Additional education may substitute for required experience, to the extent permitted by the JHU equivalency formula.
- Previous experience in higher education/academic environment.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent.
Classified Title: Administrative Coordinator
Job Posting Title (Working Title): Administrative Coordinator
Role/Level/Range: ATO 37.5/02/OE
Starting Salary Range: Min $18.00 - Max $33.50 HRLY (Commensurate with experience)
Employee group: Full Time
Schedule: Monday - Friday; 8:30am - 5:00pm
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
Location: District of Columbia
Department name: Faculty Affairs
Personnel area: SAIS
The referenced salary range is based on Johns Hopkins University's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level. Johns Hopkins offers a total rewards package that supports our employees' health, life, career and retirement. More information can be found here: https://hr.jhu.edu/benefits-worklife/
Please refer to the job description above to see which forms of equivalency are permitted for this position. If permitted, equivalencies will follow these guidelines:
JHU Equivalency Formula: 30 undergraduate degree credits (semester hours) or 18 graduate degree credits may substitute for one year of experience. Additional related experience may substitute for required education on the same basis. For jobs where equivalency is permitted, up to two years of non-related college course work may be applied towards the total minimum education/experience required for the respective job.
**Applicants who do not meet the posted requirements but are completing their final academic semester/quarter will be considered eligible for employment and may be asked to provide additional information confirming their academic completion date.
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check. Johns Hopkins is committed to hiring individuals with a justice-involved background, consistent with applicable policies and current practice. A prior criminal history does not automatically preclude candidates from employment at Johns Hopkins University. In accordance with applicable law, the university will review, on an individual basis, the date of a candidate's conviction, the nature of the conviction and how the conviction relates to an essential job-related qualification or function.
The Johns Hopkins University values diversity, equity and inclusion and advances these through our key strategic framework, the JHU Roadmap on Diversity and Inclusion.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
EEO is the Law
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the Talent Acquisition Office at firstname.lastname@example.org. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711. For more information about workplace accommodations or accessibility at Johns Hopkins University, please visit accessibility.jhu.edu.
Johns Hopkins has mandated COVID-19 and influenza vaccines, as applicable. The COVID-19 vaccine does not apply to positions located in the State of Florida. Exceptions to the COVID and flu vaccine requirements may be provided to individuals for religious beliefs or medical reasons. Requests for an exception must be submitted to the JHU vaccination registry. For additional information, applicants for SOM positions should visit https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine/ and all other JHU applicants should visit https://covidinfo.jhu.edu/health-safety/covid-vaccination-information/.
The following additional provisions may apply, depending on campus. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled.
Center for Communication ProgramsWashington, DC
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.