Let's Make A Difference!
Do you want to make a difference and change lives? Did you know that Forbes ranked ABA Therapist the No. 6 most meaningful job? At Center for Behavioral Sciences, people skills and teamwork are valued, we work hard to achieve great outcomes, and there are opportunities for advancement and bonuses.
When surveyed, CBS employees report a high level of job satisfaction. And it shows: Many of our staff have been with us for over a decade. Further, CBS' hourly rates for technicians are among the highest in the field, starting at $17/hour ($19/hour plus bonus potential after the first six months). Pay rates are also based upon prior experience and education.
We invest in our technicians, and strongly encourage pursuit of graduate education and BCBA credentialing. CBS staff have nearly a 100% historical pass rate on the BACB exam, and have been accepted to behavior analysis, medical and social services programs with institutions such as Florida Institute of Technology, Columbia University, California State University Los Angeles, University of Southern California (USC), and New York University (NYU), among others.
CBS also offers paid training; our BCBAs and doctoral level staff provide BCBA, BCaBA and RBT training and supervision hours; and we pay work-related travel time and reimburse mileage for all staff.
Technician Job Requirements
CBS technicians may be expected to meet the following criteria and perform these job duties, among others:
- Attend introductory and ongoing training; conduct daily one-to-one direct instruction; collect, maintain, and evaluate data on each client's progress on a daily basis; attend weekly supervision meetings; and report progress to supervisor(s).
- Score 80% or higher on written and hands-on evaluations to meet competency-based training requirements.
- Applicants must be energetic, outgoing, and have a passion for working with children and disabled individuals.
- Applicants must have graduated with at least a bachelor's degree in psychology or related field, availability of 10-20 hours per week from 2pm-8pm, a valid driver's license and reliable means of transportation with proof of auto insurance, and pass a background check.
- Staff must be able to walk, stand, sit, kneel, stoop, crawl, twist, reach overhead, pull, bend, and carry up to 50 pounds. Much of the work involves play with children that can occur on the floor, or settings where furniture is child-sized.