- $16 to $19 Hourly
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Retirement
Center Veterinary Clinic is looking for a full-time Veterinary Assistant to join our team!
About Our Hospital: Center Veterinary Clinic is located in the Mira Mesa neighborhood of San Diego, CA. We are 20 minutes away from the beautiful Torrey Pines State Natural Reserve, known for one of the best places to watch the sunset. At our hospital we offer general services, urgent care services, and surgical procedures including dentistry. We just moved to a more spacious building where it has contributed to more efficiency!
Our Values and Mission: At Center Veterinary Clinic, our mission is to provide excellent medical care for dogs and cats in an atmosphere where patients and clients are cared for genuinely and compassionately. We are a fast paced, small animal hospital that is AAHA Accredited. We pride ourselves on having a very positive and communal work environment that helps other team members thrive and learn. We are seeking a full-time Veterinary Assistant who shares our energy, drive, ambition, and who will meaningfully contribute to our growth and success.
Position Overview: As a Veterinary Assistant, you will play an important role in the day-to-day operations with Center Veterinary Clinic. The Veterinary Assistant assists the Veterinarians with patient care and treatment, monitors hospitalized pets, maintains inventory, prepares prescriptions, performs routine in-house laboratory work, educates clients regarding veterinary care and procedures, and assists with surgical procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with patient care and treatment
- Monitor hospitalized pets and aid in caring for animals after surgery
- Maintain inventory and stocking
- Restrain animals during blood draws and nail trims
- Assist with routine diagnostic tests (i.e. taking radiographs, running bloodwork, reading fecal)
- Maintain & sterilize surgical instruments/equipment
- Clean/disinfect cages, kennels, exam and treatment areas of hospital
- Administering medications under Veterinarian/Vet Tech supervision
- Feeding/bathing animals
- Customer service
- Answer phones
Qualifications and Skills:
- Prefer 1+ years of experience, but not required
- Must be a self-starter, able to multitask and be a team player
- Oral and written communication skill
- Interpersonal skills with staff and clients, and works well in a team environment
- Able to perform moderately physically demanding work, that requires lifting (up to 50 pounds), cleaning, and constant motion
- Ability to work with or around sick animals, potentially hazardous materials, cleaning chemicals, gas anesthetics, zoonotic diseases, and unpleasant odors
Available Schedule: Full-time position, open to a 4 days a week/10 hours per day schedule or a 5 days a week/8 hours per day schedule.
- We are open: M-Thursday from 7:30am-9pm
- Friday's from 7:30am-7pm
- Saturday's from 8:30am-7pm
Benefits We Offer:
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience ($15.50 - $19.00 per hour)
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Continuing education opportunities
- Professional development support
- Mental health assistance
- Employee discounts on veterinary services
- Scrub allowance
- Positive and supportive work environment!
Apply today! We look forward to hearing from you!
Center Veterinary Clinic is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, national origin, religion, gender, marital status, gender identity, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
Job Reference ID: CPP-0000113
Center Veterinary HospitalSan Diego, CA
Get fresh Veterinary Assistant jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.