Our Busy Family Practice Office currently has an opening for a Full Time Front Office Coordinator. We have three locations, and this position is for our newer office in Castle Rock. Please send resume, cover letter, and salary requirements.
General Summary of Duties: Performs day-to-day administrative and general office duties for practice administrator, clinical services manager, providers, or physicians including: answering telephones, taking messages, scheduling appointments, copying, and creating/updating charts. Receives incoming telephone calls in a prompt, courteous, and professional manner and greets/assists patients and visitors in the same manner.
1. Answer and screens telephone calls in a courteous manner, and record messages for physician and other personnel.
2. Schedule patient appointments and procedures per established policies and procedures.
3. Obtain accurate information from patients and ensure all registration forms are complete.
4. Collect patient and insurance payments and reconcile charges daily.
5. Follow up with non-clinic providers to verify if patient has/has not completed outside referral.
6. Prepare patient paperwork in advance and scan into patient charts when complete.
7. Maintain files and records in a confidential manner.
8. Maintain organization and efficiency of front office, including office supply inventory.
9. Maintain patient confidentiality.
10. Perform other related duties as directed or assigned.
EDUCATION: High school diploma or GED.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of two years of administrative assistant experience in a medical office, including medical billing experience.
1. Knowledge of clinic policies and procedures.
2. Knowledge of medical terminology and insurance practices.
3. Knowledge of computer programs and applications.
4. Knowledge of grammar, spelling, and punctuation to type from draft copy and review and edit reports and correspondence.
5. Knowledge of basic arithmetic to make calculations, balance and reconcile figures, and make changes accurately.
1. Skill in operating office equipment
2. Skill in handling paperwork/filing adequately.
3. Skill in handling incoming phone calls and triaging appropriately.
4. Skill in written and verbal communication.
5. Skill in gathering, interpreting, and reporting insurance information.
1. Ability to type 60 words per minute using word-processing software. Able to learn/use other computer programs including Microsoft® Excel, e-mail, Internet, and Microsoft® PowerPoint.
2. Ability to work effectively as a team member with physicians and other staff.
3. Ability to sort and file materials correctly by alphabetic or numeric systems.
4. Ability to interpret and understand insurance benefits and reimbursement.
5. Ability to flexibly respond to changing demands.
6. Ability to organize and prioritize tasks effectively.
7. Ability to communicate clearly.
8. Ability to work with little supervision.
9. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, employees, and the public.
Equipment Operated: Office machinery including computers, fax, calculator, and photocopier. Occasionally lift and carry files up to 20 pounds.
Work Environment: Work performed in office environment. Involves frequent contact with staff and patients. May require working under stressful conditions.
Mental/Physical Requirements: Manual dexterity for office machine operation including computer and calculator; stooping, bending to handle files and supplies, mobility to complete errands or deliveries, or sitting for extended periods of time. Stress can be triggered by multiple staff demands and deadlines.
*Successful candidates will complete pre-employment screening; which includes, but is not limited to a Criminal Background check, and drug screen.