Our Busy Family Practice Office currently has an opening for a Full Time Medical Assistant. We have two locations, and this position requires travel between both locations. Please send resume, cover letter, and salary requirements.
· Assist with patient check in, exams, office procedures, and minor office surgeries including set-up, clean-up, patient prep, and documentation in electronic medical record. Administer injections and oral medications as ordered by provider. May participate in specimen collection.
· Interview patients, measure vital signs, review medications list, and perform other medical procedures per protocol. Document care provided per established guidelines. Document prescription refill requests per clinic guidelines. Provide patient education resources as instructed.
· Review clinical reports, referring physician records, and pre-visit test results. Address urgent issues and forward to physician or provider.
· Prepare and disinfect exam room for each patient's visit. Ensure adequate supplies and appropriate instruments are available. Inventory and order medical supplies. Ensure equipment is cleaned and maintained per department protocol.
· Schedule tests and procedures (including radiology, cardiology, and respiratory) Review results with patient and provider as necessary.
· Obtain pre-authorization for referrals as required by individual insurance companies, follow up on referral status. Complete necessary paperwork.
High school diploma or GED required.
Work Experience: Externship completed. Previous family practice experience preferred.
Cognitive Skills (Language, Math, Reasoning Ability): High language, math, reasoning and critical thinking abilities. Bilingual (Spanish) a plus.
Computer Skills: Basic computer knowledge required, keyboarding skills.
BLS through the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer with card in-hand before start date. BLS or CPR card must be good through sixty days of hire
· Active Medical Assistant registration or certification such as:
o Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) and proof of current membership from American Medical Technologists (AMT),
o Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) and proof of current membership from American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA)
o Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) and proof of current membership from National Healthcareer Association (NHA)
o National Certified Medical Assistant (NCMA) and proof of current membership from National Certified Competency Testing (NCCT)
· Completion of a medical assistant program from an accredited institution and ability to obtain registration/certification from one of the above certifying bodies within 60 days of hire.
Able to support/lift at least 50 pounds. Long periods of standing, moving, occasional periods of sitting. Hearing within normal range for telephone use. Must be able to get from one clinic site to related locations. Must be able to lift 50 pounds
*Successful candidates will complete pre-employment screening; which includes, but is not limited to a Criminal Background check, and drug screen.
Please send resume and cover letter to be considered for this position.