The individual is responsible for providing services for clients with mental health and substance abuse issues. This includes conducting intake screening, collecting necessary documentation, and providing comprehensive assessments. The individual will need to prepare all the assigned written documentation including but is not limited to progress notes, treatment plan, and medical necessity notes along with having an understanding of community resources to refer clients to. Our population we serve is from the Los Angeles County Jails, local State Prisons, and Juvenile Halls. Formerly incarcerated applicants welcomed, however the person hired must be able to be cleared to work inside locked facilities. Experience working within the locked facilities and with the vulnerable or under-served population is necessary. Flexibility, reliability, creativity, some supervisory experience, sexual health education experience and substance abuse education experience are important qualifications for this position. Local applicants only, previous applicants need not apply.
- Demonstrated knowledge of behavioral educational interventions, health problems facing incarcerated populations, applied health services, HIV/AIDS and HCV issues and prevention strategies.
- Associates degree (AA/AS)
- High comfort level working with marginalized communities.
- Understanding of incarcerated issues required.
- Experience in health education, referral and navigation services, and curriculum development a plus.
- A clear understanding of and the ability to demonstrate professional ethics, boundaries, and judgment.
- Experience working on government and/or service contracts is recommended.
- Experience with monthly/quarterly reports, data entry, and data management is a plus.
- The candidate should have excellent people, communication, and resource identification skills as well as empathy to relate with Veterans.
- Previous paid work in the substance abuse, HIV/AIDS, or HCV fields desirable.
- Experience working with Microsoft Word, Excel and online navigation is necessary.
- Comfort dealing with issues of sexuality, trauma, race, gender fluidity, LGBT+ issues and substance use required.
Qualified candidates should submit a resume and cover letter by e-mail specifying the position of interest.