Information Security Analyst
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Life Insurance , Retirement
The mission of the Center for Health Information and Analysis (CHIA) is to monitor the Massachusetts health care system and to provide reliable information and meaningful analysis for those seeking to improve health care quality, affordability, access, and outcomes.
Reporting to the Chief Information Security Officer (CISO), the Information Security Analyst will manage and maintain Information Security applications, collect, analyze, synthesize, and present cyber security metrics, research, and event information in support of trend and anomaly identification, event correlation, safeguard assessment, and improvement and delivery of core cyber security processes. S/he will be the primary role responsible for collecting and summarizing security metrics and presenting them in effective reporting formats according to specifications approved by the CISO. Ancillary tasks for this role will include participation in periodic internal IT audits and risk assessments, production of procedural documentation, security product research, or evaluations, resolution of assigned incident tickets and service requests, or any related duties assigned by CISO.
The Center's staff works on a hybrid model. All staff are expected to work in the Center's Boston office on at least two designated days per week.
- Security Infrastructure Metrics: Mine metrics from security infrastructure (applications, databases, network appliances, servers, et al), aggregate, and normalize to facilitate reporting on enterprise security
- Security Reporting: Develop and generate cyber security related reports, alarms, and notifications; Identify reporting gaps and recommend remediation to Security Team
- Core Cyber Security Process Support: Support the execution of risk assessments, vulnerability and threat assessments, incident response, and cyber security awareness
- Threat Research: Perform threat research and leverage it to improve the effectiveness of our safeguards and defense-in-depth strategy. Stay current with cyber security trends, best practices, and developments on topics such as emerging threats, containment and eradication of malware, and incident response; act as a team resource for this information
- IT Audit Support: Support the CISO in auditing systems, user accounts, databases, and applications for policy compliance, e.g. least privilege, appropriate security controls, timely security patching, unique user accounts, et al. These activities may include regular administration duties on select security products used for infrastructure auditing and monitoring
- Security Incident Root Cause Analysis: Perform rudimentary post-mortem analysis on malware infections and suggest improvements to anti-malware technology, tactics, or procedures where applicable
- Security Training: Participate in annual employee training sessions to improve Cyber Security awareness throughout the agency
- Vet software: Vet new software before it is introduced into CHIA's production network
- Certification of security software and tools: Assist Security Engineers with testing and production deployment of new security software and tools
- Microsoft Enterprise technologies such as Active Directory
- CISA, CISSP, GSEC, SSCP, or similar cyber security certification
- Bachelor's degree or above in computer science, information assurance, information security, cyber security, or closely related subject
- Understanding of Security IAM components, controls, and best practices, with associated experience
- Understanding of HIPAA compliance requirements
MINIMUM ENTRANCE REQUIEMENTS:
- Three (3) years of full time professional experience in information assurance, cyber security, systems analysis, IT audit, or related specialization, or commensurate higher education
- High level of proficiency in reading and writing English
- Demonstrable interest in a cyber security career with advancement to a Security Engineer role
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
As an employee of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts you are offered a great career opportunity influencing a wide-spectrum of services to the diverse populations we serve - but it's more than a paycheck. The total compensation package features an outstanding set of employee benefits which you should consider towards your overall compensation, including:
- 75% state paid medical insurance premium
- Reasonable Dental and Vision Plans
- Flexible Spending Account and Dependent Care Assistance programs
- Low cost basic and optional life insurance
- Retirement Savings: State Employees' Pension and a Deferred Compensation 457(b) plan
- 12paid holidays per year and competitive Sick, Vacation and Personal Time
- Tuition Benefit for employee and spouse at state colleges and universities
- Extended Illness program participation
- Professional Development and Continuing Education opportunities
- Qualified Employer for Public Service Student Loan Forgiveness Program
This position designated as a confidential non-union and non-managerial position with the Data Operations and Technology team. This position will remain open until filled. The anticipated full-time salary range for this position is $75,000-$95,000 commensurate with experience.
Thanks for visiting the Center for Health Information and Analysis (CHIA) jobs board. We currently have more than 150 dedicated and highly skilled staff engaged in a variety of roles that support our mission to provide reliable information and meaningful analysis for those seeking to improve health care quality, affordability, access, and outcomes. Our independent Massachusetts state agency serves as a steward of Massachusetts health information through our multifaceted datasets, unique analytic resources, and objective reporting to promote a more transparent health care system that effectively serves all residents of the Commonwealth.
Please review our career opportunities and apply to those that match your skills and interests. Openings will be posted to this page as they become available, so be sure to check back in the future. You can also visit us at LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/chia-careers/.
At CHIA, we are committed to earning a reputation as a great place to work and build a career. if you're excited to be part of a diverse and innovative team responsible for identifying opportunities to improve health care in Massachusetts, come join us!
If you encounter any difficulties submitting your application, please let us know by emailing email@example.com.
Center For Health Information And AnalysisBoston, MA
TechnologyView All Center For Health Information And Analysis Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.