his position serves to assist in overseeing, analyzing, and managing the operational and financial aspects of the overall operation and maintenance of real estate assets owned by Centennial Properties, Inc. and various 1031 entities as directed by the Vice President of Real Estate Investment. Responsibilities include conducting and preparing market research, creating investment standards for various real estate markets, budgeting analysis and tracking, IRR analysis, and proforma development.
This position will also be responsible for identifying, analyzing, and recommending various real estate strategies for existing 1031 assets and identifying additional assets for purchase to facilitate future 1031 exchange transactions in various real estate markets.
The position will also handle special projects as needed including entitlement work, political approvals and permitting, and serving as project coordinator for complex projects. The ideal candidate is an experienced creative problem solver who can anticipate issues and develop alternative solutions in a timely manner. In addition, this candidate is hands on so can dive into the details to analyze financial impacts of various pathways, find efficiencies and provide the management direction to achieve agreed upon goals.
Our ideal candidate will have all of the following:
- Specific project experience at a senior decision maker level.
- Minimum of 10 years experience in building, development, and investment in both commercial and residential.
- Significant property management experience for both commercial and residential.
- Familiarity with working with a variety of municipalities, including knowledge of how to work with the Department of Planning and Development, and other appropriate City and County departments.
- Has a firm grasp of financial metrics and how to improve performance over the short and long term.
- Is comfortable facilitating public meetings and engaging with community members and organizations.
- Extensive Knowledge of Microsoft Excel to analyze investments and costs, including IRR analysis.
- Ability to read and understand construction and development drawings.
- Ability to budget and cost control projects.
- Is flexible and willing to take on a variety of projects.Can manage multiply tasks at once.
- Ability to manage independent contractors and peers as needed.
- Ability to communicate efficiently and effectively with all management levels.
- Ability to read and understand financials and relevant financial ratios.
- General legal knowledge associated with construction contracts, leases, complex ownership structures, deeds of trusts, and easements.
- Experience in a privately held real estate company is ideal.
- Track record of success in various market conditions.
- A four year degree in investment or construction management is preferred or at least 10 years in the real estate construction and investment industry.
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary and a full suite of benefits including a generous 401(k) match. Please apply online at https://careers.cowlesco.com. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Drug & background check required on all finalists. Position open until filled.