River Park Square is a subsidiary of Cowles Company, owns and manages several mixed use buildings located in downtown Spokane. We are currently seeking a Public Safety Officer to assist patrons and employees of RPS, the West 809 and 600 buildings. Various shifts may include grave shifts.
The starting pay is $14.00 to $15.00 per hour and includes a full suite of benefits including: Medical, Dental, Life, Disability, Paid Vacation, Holidays and Sick leave, Matching 401K and more!
To learn more and to apply: https://careers.cowlesco.com
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Patrol (on foot) RPS, RPS garage, West 809 and 600 buildings (common areas, back hallways, stairwells, roof areas, patrol perimeters)
- Assist patrons and mall employees in emergency and non-emergency situations
- Enforce safety policies for patrons and mall employees
- Maintain daily activity logs
- Monitor CCTV using OpenEye software
- Operate trash and cardboard compactors
- Use two-way radio
- Answer phones
- Communicate effectively with the public
- Deliver mail to The Spokesman-Review
- Lock and unlock building accesses
- Turn on / off escalators
- Maintain a professional attitude in tense or hostile situations
- Maintain a professional appearance
- Fire watch
- Opening and closing RPS garage
- Occasional maintenance duties
- Occasional housekeeping duties
- Assist in setting up and tearing down special events equipment
OTHER DUTIES:As assigned
CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS
High customer relation skills are required. Also requires the ability to anticipate and provide solutions to customer needs; ability to give high priority to customer satisfaction and deal tactfully and effectively with differences of opinion. Ability to get positive results in adverse situations; ability to maintain customer confidence and trust.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
AT LEAST six (6) months related experience and/or training required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS (Company Paid After Hired)
- CPR Annual Certification
- First Aid and AED Training
- Handcuffing and Pepper Spray Training
- Able to obtain a Limited Commission Officer certificate through Spokane PD
SURVEILLANCE AND REPORTING
Must be able to learn to effectively operate OpenEye camera software and ReportExec reporting software. This includes but is not limited to following subjects with pan-tilt-zoom cameras, recording video and pictures, and creating and printing reports. Prior experience with these programs is preferred.