Provides comprehensive psychiatric nursing services and medication assessments; prescribes medications for consumers as designated by Medical Director.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Provides clinical and medical assessments, education, administration and prescription for outpatient and community support program consumers.
2. Provides consumers with up-to-date information regarding medications and their side effects.
3. Coordinates medical care and interventions with staff and psychiatrists.
4. Provides consultation to staff regarding medical issues.
5. Provides medical screening assessment to consumers as needed.
6. Maintains medication supplies in each assigned office.
7. Draws blood for lab work, monitors consumer’s vital signs.
8. Manages a caseload of medication-only clients.
9. Develops service plans, monitors treatment progress, and follows-up at disposition times.
10. Provides services in a variety of settings such as office, consumer homes, hospitals, law enforcement facilities, etc.
11. Maintains accurate and timely clinical records consistent with Center standards.
12. Provides consultation to emergency on-call staff as needed and as available.
13. Participates in meetings, in-services and supervisory sessions as required.
14. Performs other job duties as assigned.
Master’s Degree in Nursing.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Must be registered as an Advanced Practice Nurse. Must have Prescriptive Authority.
Minimum of two years experience in nursing field and one year in a mental health setting.
ABILITIES, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS
Advanced knowledge of principles of psychiatric nursing. Advanced knowledge of health, physical and psychological assessment. Advanced knowledge of pharmacology. Knowledge of methods of psychotherapy. Ability to serve wide range of consumers, including culturally diverse populations. Knowledge of cultural issues that may have a bearing on service provision. Knowledge of community resources. Effective written and verbal communication skills. Computer literacy to include basic skills in e-mail communication and word processing. Ability to work flexible and on-call hours, which may be required. Ability to travel within the Center's service area or to other locations as needed.