****Positions located in Fort Morgan, CO or Sterling, CO
Centennial Mental Health Center is a Mental Health and Substance Use Disorder Outpatient Treatment Center and we function on the rural northeastern plains of CO . If you are looking for QUIET, Quaint neighborhoods, with close knit communities, Centennial could be the perfect fit for you.
We are looking for qualified candidates that want to make a difference in our small rural and frontier communities.
**We Have Great Benefit Opportunities!!
~Full Benefit Package
~Moving Expense Reimbursement Available
~NHSC Loan Repayment Approved Site
**See our website for more details www.centennialmhc.org
Job Title: Emergency Response Specialist Job Class: Program Delivery
Reports to: Crisis Services Director Grade: Dependent on credential
Responds to emergency and crisis calls from clients, families, law enforcement and other agencies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responds and provides assessment and intervention services to individuals experiencing behavioral health emergencies/crises during all scheduled shifts when requested by individuals, families, law enforcement and other community agencies. The standard response time shall be: via phone within 15 minutes and in person within 2 hours.
- Works with individuals, families, law enforcement and other agencies to coordinate appropriate level of care in crisis and emergency situations.
- Coordinates with the Value Options Team or other specified authorizing agencies to determine necessity of inpatient treatment.
- Obtains required authorizations prior to arranging inpatient treatment.
- Works as a team member providing back-up coverage as scheduled; establishing monthly on-call schedules; providing clinical expertise in areas of interest; and supporting overall crisis intervention services.
- Provides coverage of fifteen (15) 24 hour shifts per month.
- Places high value on customer service to individuals in crisis as well as referral sources.
- Follows agency standards of practice, policies and procedures regarding behavioral health crisis responses.
- Documents all emergency calls in AVATAR and logs information in Continuity of Care databases.
- Completes paperwork for involuntary hospitalizations as applicable, including required 27-65 CRS documentation, in a timely and accurate manner.
- Arranges transportation to in-patient settings when needed and obtains authorizations when needed from specified agencies.
- Maintains accurate and timely clinical records consistent with Center standards.
- Provides emergency support and evaluations for CMHC clinical staff as needed.
- Performs outreach calls in conjunction with other providers, case managers and law enforcement, as needed.
- Participates as a member of an interagency crisis response team. ERT will be on call 24/7 and will work as a team to provide quality care for clients and community agencies.
- Participates in staffings regarding difficult cases to help prevent unnecessary inpatient hospitalizations.
- Assists with Continuity of Care duties as needed
- Attends all agency and professional trainings as assigned by supervisor.
- Attends supervision meetings with supervisor as scheduled.
- All other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Master's Degree in psychology, social work, counseling or related clinical discipline. Successful completion of required in-service training for crisis assessment and intervention offered through the Center.
Documented experience in crisis intervention, assessment, and management in either outpatient, residential, or inpatient setting.
ABILITIES, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS
Ability to perform accurate Mental Status and Lethality assessment. DSM-IV diagnostic skills. Ability to serve wide range of clients, including culturally diverse populations. Knowledge of cultural issues that may have a bearing on service provision. Knowledge of geographic area and resources. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Computer literacy to include basic skills in e-mail communication and word processing. Ability to travel within the Center's service area or to other locations as needed.
Keywords: Counselor, Behavioral Health Professional, Therapist, Clinician, Mental Health Professional, LPC, LMFT, LCSW,Crisis, Emergency