Based in Sterling Covering Morgan and Logan Counties
Centennial Mental Health Center seeks a Housing Specialist to coordinate and place families and individuals in housing programs, and deliver comprehensive, intensive, short-term clinical-based case management for adults experiencing chronic homelessness and living with severe mental illness.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Conducts housing orientations, Housing Quality Standards inspections, lease-ups, annual re-certifications and interim re-certifications for the Housing Choice Voucher program, State Housing Voucher program and Centennials Fourth Street House Property.
2. Serves as a resource for Centennial staff in the area of housing and homelessness.
3. Assesses, monitors and follows up with clients ability to meet basic needs.
4. Works with the client to access appropriate community resources as needed to maintain their ability to remain in the community setting
5. Provides short-term, intensive, strengths-based case management services to homeless persons living with severe and persistent mental illness.
6. Participates in meetings, in-services and supervisory sessions as required.
7. Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree preferred in human services, social work, psychology or related field.
Two (2) years outreach experience with homeless populations preferred. Or two years in a related direct human service field working with under-served population.
ABILITIES, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS
Ability to work well with a culturally diverse and special needs population, maintain appropriate boundaries and identify and nurture strengths. Knowledge of community resources, social security and other disability/resources a plus. Excellent written communication and editing skills with strong organizational abilities and meticulous attention to detail. Strong skill set to manage several projects simultaneously, set priorities, problem solve and meet deadlines. Self-motivated and able to work well independently as well as with others. Able to interface positively with local community agencies, in the interest of client services. Computer literacy to include basic skills in e-mail communication and word processing. Ability to travel within Centennial’s service area or to other locations as needed.
Centennial Mental Health Center
Why Work Here?Centennial Mental Health Center (CMHC) is a non-profit organization dedicated to providing the highest quality comprehensive mental health services to the rural communities of Northeastern Colorado. Centennial is well-positioned to identify local needs and provide prompt response, with offices in: Akron, Burlington, Elizabeth, Fort Morgan, Holyoke, Julesburg, Limon, Sterling, Wray and Yuma, and services available in Cheyenne Wells.
Move Lives Forward