- Develop materials to effectively support the communication plan, including press releases, brochures, newsletters and promotional opportunities
- Ensure the media distribution of press clippings are timely and efficient and cover all relevant areas, issues and subsidiaries
- Assist in the analysis of industry and competitive news that impact the organization, its subsidiaries and/or the industry and recommend action plans
- Assist in the development and implementation of media and public relations strategies
- Assist in the development of target media lists, proposals for news stories, and coordinating media interviews with company executives
- Build and maintain relationships with key media partners and continuously grow the positive reputation of the corporation
Bachelor's degree in Communications, Journalism, or related field. 5+ years of media relations, public relations, or communications experience. Experience working in a managed care, insurance, or healthcare environment preferred. Public or media relations agency experience is a plus. Outstanding communications skills (oral, written, and presentation). Excellent organizational and planning skills; ability to work quickly under pressure, managing and prioritizing multiple assignments.
Centene is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by applicable law.
TITLE: Media & Public Relations Specialist
LOCATION: Woodland Hills, California
COMPANY: Marketing & Communications
POSITION TYPE: Professional