Position Purpose: Support external relations in accordance with Centene, the health plan, government and contractual guidelines. Develops and fosters second tier relationships with legislators, county governments, and associations to monitor and influence healthcare administration.
- Participate in the development and support of key relationships with state legislative policymakers and healthcare advocates to enhance the business unit's role as a partner with the state and to assist in shaping public policy initiatives.
- Organize opportunities with government or government-facing partners, including members, providers, and the community, to promote the health plan through various government related events.
- Receive and respond to inquiries from stakeholders, including legislators and community advocates and assist with responding to constituent issues.
- Assess issues and risks that impact program priorities and negatively impact members or providers based upon knowledge gained from community partnerships.
- Bachelor's degree in Public Policy, Government Affairs, Business Administration, Communications, Political Science or related field.
- 4+ years of government relations, legislative or community relations related experience.
- This position will be supporting a Federal government contract, therefore it requires U. S. citizenship and proof of favorable adjudication following submission of Department of Defense form SF86 or higher security. Centene is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by applicable law.
LOCATION: Washington, District of Columbia
COMPANY: Government Relations
POSITION TYPE: Professional