Centenal Tax Group is passionate about helping people and solving complex problems. We are a full-service bookkeeping and tax firm working with individuals, businesses, fiduciaries, and non-profits. Our services include tax preparation and planning, bookkeeping and accounting, estates and trusts, and compilation financial statements, to name a few. Centenal offers extraordinary benefits and our company is committed to a culture where we keep the customers first, we have a positive outlook, and are dedicated to the team. If you share these characteristics and values and want to make a difference, we have an exciting opportunity for you to become an integral part of our team in Rancho Cordova.
We are looking for an exceptional, experienced tax preparer with a strong accounting background. This individual will be experienced in preparing and reviewing individual, business, and trust tax returns; payroll and information tax returns; financial statements; and providing exceptional tax, accounting and financial advice to clients.
Key Objectives and Results:
· Deliver exceptional customer service by anticipating customer needs and considering the impact of decisions on the customer.
· Prepare and review individual, corporate, partnership, and trust tax returns as well as payroll and information tax returns.
· Review financial records such as income statements, documentation of expenditures and previous tax returns to ensure correct tax form completion.
· Identify potential tax credits and liabilities and ensure accurate and complete tax returns are filed in a timely manner. Complete all related tax forms in accordance with policies, and in compliance with legislation and regulations.
· Prepare compilation financial statements.
· Provide reliable and effective tax, accounting, and financial statement advice.
· Ensure the confidentiality of each customer by following all company procedures regarding information handling.
Requirements and expectations:
· Customer Service oriented with impeccable professionalism.
· Knowledge of tax law, precedents, government regulations, and Internal Revenue Service and California rules. Able to conduct tax research.
· 4-5 years of experience with tax preparation.
· Strong technical tax preparation and review skills.
· Current PTIN and EA, CTEC, or CPA certification required.
· Lacerte Tax or CCH Tax preferred; proficient with QuickBooks; Microsoft Office Suite; and Adobe.
· Strong organizational skills with attention to detail and accuracy to meet the quality of work standards.
· Able to multi-task and prioritize time-sensitive assignments.
· Adaptable in an environment with deadlines and changing priorities.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills – professional and positive.
· Able to work required hours to meet filing due dates and customer workload.
· A resourceful style with good instincts and able to work independently and collaborate with team members.
These physical requirements are not exhaustive, and additional job-related physical requirements may be added on an as needed basis. Corrective devices may be used to meet physical requirements.
· Vision: Requirements of this job include close vision.
· Speaking/Hearing: Ability to give and receive information through speaking and listening.
· Dexterity and ability to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and other devices and objects for significant portions of the workday.
Salary: starting at $25/hour (based on experience) plus applicable benefits.
Centenal Tax Group is a subsidiary of TRI HoldCo, Inc., whose family of companies has been an employer in California since 1988 with offices in the Northern and Southern regions. Centenal has offices in Sacramento County, Placer County, and Orange County with its corporate office based in Folsom.
For more information on Centenal Tax Group, visit https://www.centenaltax.com.