- Posted: over a month ago
Centaris has over 40 years’ experience helping businesses in Michigan with their IT services. We offer a stable work environment, with excellent benefits, in a fun and lively atmosphere.
The Systems Engineer position is responsible for scoping, designing, implementing, documenting, troubleshooting and training team members to support our client base to provide our clients with outstanding service. The Systems Engineer will report directly to the Project Team Lead.
The Systems Engineer routinely spends much of their time deploying new solutions at clients. Communication skills with internal staff and clients are necessary along with strong organization skills. Engineers need to work with other departments on escalation and problem solving as needed. The Systems Engineer will work with sales to provide strategic direction to our clients.
The Systems Engineer position should have mid-level of knowledge of a range of technologies. They should have experience with Networking, Routing, Azure, WVD/RDS/Terminal Services, O365, Exchange, SQL and MS cloud technologies. They should be able to strategically develop and understand other legacy MS solutions.
- Responsible for time entry, updating our ticketing system and completing documentation daily.
- Interact with clients to interpret their needs and requirements and to represent Centaris in the field.
- Perform overall quality control of the work and report regularly to the Project Coordinator on project status.
- Review engineering deliverables and initiate appropriate corrective actions.
- Cooperate and communicate effectively with the project coordinator and other project participants to help with technical support.
- Ensure projects are completed according to project plans
- Responsible for installing, replacing, upgrading, and recommending new hardware and other managed services.
- Complete assigned service tickets in a timely manner.
- Mentor and grow young engineers throughout the organization.
Education and Experience:
Experience preferred but not all required
- IT Support relating to technical issues involving Microsoft’s core business applications and operating systems.
- Experience with MS Azure, Intune, WVD, M365, and O365 migrations.
- Experience with SharePoint and Teams.
- Experience with RDS deployments.
- Experience with Troubleshooting and implementing AD, DNS, and DHCP.
- Advanced technical support and the ability to troubleshoot at the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, Layer 2/3 switching, routers, firewalls, and security.
- Experience with IPv4 and IPv6 or the ability to design IPv6 networks.
- Advanced understanding of operating systems, business applications, printing systems, and network systems.
- Experience with Cisco, HP and Meraki switches.
- Experience with Meraki, Cisco, Unifi WAP’s.
- Experience with Cisco and SonicWALL firewalls/routers.
- Experience with VMware up to version 7.0
- Experience with HP and Dell SAN’s.
- Experience with Server 2003-2019.
- Experience with Office 365, and Exchange 2003-2019 migrations/deployments.
- Experience with SSL certifications and implementation/renewal of certificates.
The skills listed below are ideal. They are not all required.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team and communicate effectively.
- Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening, and customer-care.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly.
- Self-motivated and driven with the ability to work in a fast-moving environment.
TechnologyView all jobs at Centaris