The Access Center Specialist I is responsible for providing information and supporting all strategies of admissions to ensure an efficient process for those who seek treatment with Cenikor Foundation.
Schedule: May be between Monday - Friday 8:00am - 7:00pm and Saturday - Saturday 8:00am - 5:00pm
- Answer phones and provide program information to the general public while maintaining strict confidentiality on all client and Foundation matters and referring questionable issues to supervisor.
- Collect and enter client intake information into the appropriate medical service software system to initiate the transaction. Documentation is to be concise, thorough, and accurate.
- Responsible for collecting initial information and conducting initial screenings on potential clients in accordance with state regulations and third party payors.
- Ensure insurance coverage is verified via telephone or web, resolve any issues with coverage and escalate complicated issues to a supervisor or manager.
- Work closely and communicate effectively with Insurance department and Admissions to ensure all persons interested in admission to Cenikor are contacted within the set required timeframe and admissions are completed as appropriate. Complete any required documentation and reporting as required.
- Work and communicate with other corporate staff, such as insurance/billing and accounting to ensure appropriate access to services and accurate funding for clients.
- Provide effective communication to client/family, team members, and other health care professionals in regards to screens, benefits and appointment scheduling via phone, email or other means.
- Answer referral source/client requests or inquiries concerning admission.
- Utilize computer software to schedule appointments and effectively communicate information to the appropriate party per established protocols or rules of client.
- Conduct follow up phone calls and maintain follow up outcomes through client contact and documentation.
- Support organizational changes. Demonstrate flexibility in providing coverage and/or availability for the Access Center via scheduling adjustments for unexpected absences, events, or call volume variances.
- Respond to Crisis/Red Flag calls and refer to clinical staff for resolution.
- Inform caller of items to bring and/ or not bring to appointment (including clothing, insurance card, medications, office visit fee, and verification of income - if applicable).
- Uphold the core principles of Cenikor?s culture and create a positive working environment for all team members. Be able to effectively communicate the core principles of Cenikor?s culture to staff and clients.
- Perform additional duties as assigned and consistent with the non-exempt functions as defined in this job description.
- Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Skilled in customer service
- Excellent listening and phone presentation skills
- Fast problem solver and able to multi-task
- Ability to communicate calmly and effectively
- Possess excellent organization skills and high attention to detail
- Ability to work in stressful situations and react appropriately to clients, their families and other staff
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software required, including specific MS Outlook calendar experience.
- Ability to consistently uphold the Core Principles of Cenikor?s Culture:
- Demonstrate mission of service to our clients
- Positive, respectful communication with both staff and clients
- Demonstrate self-motivation and perseverance to achieve goals
- Role model appropriate, professional behaviors including appropriate client boundaries
- Work effectively as part of a team, helping to set up others for success
- High School Diploma or GED
- Six months or more experience in a call center, front office, or admissions environment preferred
- Previous chat and/or email customer service experience preferred
Drug Free Workplace
Equal Opportunity Employer