Cenikor is a non-profit organization and one of the largest substance abuse treatment centers in the nation. We are currently seeking a full-time Counselor (LCDC Required) for our facility in Amarillo, Texas.
The Counselor is responsible for providing substance abuse treatment and services to ensure that each client develops the skills necessary to live a life free from substance dependence.
- Work with clients to develop and implement an individualized, written treatment plan within three (3) service days of admission.
- Develop individualized treatment plan based on comprehensive assessment.
- Conduct regularly scheduled treatment plan reviews every week.
- Provide individual and group counseling services to each client as indicated by the therapeutic schedule and treatment plan.
- Responsible for providing daily interactions with all detox clients as appropriate.
- Conducts self as a rational authority and role model.
- Work in conjunction with all facility staff to facilitate a safe environment for client recovery.
- Complete client discharge summary within two (2) working days of discharge from the program.
- Complete required referral reports accurately and submit as needed.
- Monitor length of authorization by reviewing in Welligent and communication with Insurance/Billing and create/update treatment plan accordingly
- Ensure documentation is complete and accurate and meets the criteria for appropriate level of care according to clinical, funding and billing
- Ensure documentation in the clinical record is legible and complies with documentation standards.
- Work closely with management team to uphold the core principles of Cenikor?s culture and create a positive working environment for all team members.
- Maintain compliance with federal and state regulatory standards as well as Cenikor policies and procedures.
- Maintain strict confidentiality on all client and foundation matters and refer questionable issues to your supervisor.
- Perform additional duties as assigned and consistent with the exempt functions as assigned in this job description.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Possesses strong clinical documentation skills.
- Experienced and/or knowledgeable in providing education and therapeutic counseling for individuals and for groups.
- Experienced and capable of identifying appropriate resources for client development and providing substance abuse counseling.
- Capable of discerning facts from opinions and remaining objective when listening to conflicting opinions.
- Experienced in working with diverse population.
- Possesses good time management skills needed to meet aggressive deadlines and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Patience, perseverance, and resilience in a challenging environment.
- Presents a professional, positive image.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software required, including MS Outlook calendar.
- Ability to consistently uphold the Core Principles of Cenikor?s Culture with all team members:
- Demonstrate mission of service to our clients
- Positive, respectful communication with both staff and clients
- Demonstrate self-motivation and perseverance to achieve goals
- Role model appropriate, professional behaviors including appropriate client boundaries
- Work effectively as part of a team, helping to set up others for success
- Associates required.
- Two (2) years of substance abuse treatment experience preferred.
- Experience with electronic health record system preferred.
- EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
- DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE