Cenikor Foundation is a non-profit organization and one of the largest substance abuse treatment centers in the nation. We are currently seeking an Business Coordinator for our facility in Corpus Christi, TX. Schedule: Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm
The Business Coordinator is responsible for the day-to-day administrative operations at a facility, including business and insurance billing.
- Supervise the coordination of fiscal duties, including preparation of time and attendance records, handling of accounts payable and receivable. Under the direction of the Senior Business Manager authorize the opening of new accounts and consult with vendors concerning payment of those accounts.
- Work closely with Facility Director to uphold the core principles of Cenikor’s culture and create a positive working environment for all team members.
- Prepare requisitions for payment from state per required deadline, and provide to Cenikor accounting department for review and CEO signature. Submit to state contact once final approvals received.
- Under the direction of the Senior Business Manager, serve as property control manager for the facility through approved inventory control methods, ensuring adequate supplies for continuous operations.
- Under the direction of the Senior Business Manager, manage all purchasing for this facility ensuring that purchasing and budgetary guidelines are met.
- Supervise travel arrangements, including authorization and expense forms.
- Prepare annual budget request, in consultation with the Facility Director and Senior Business Manager. Once approved, continuously monitor budget expenditures.
- Write, submit for approval and manage contracts for required external services. Assure accuracy of hours and payments on contract services and obtain required signatures for invoices on payments.
- Work closely with admissions and the insurance department for tracking of payments and billing for insurance, private pay and insurance clients.
- Maintain strict confidentiality on all client and Foundation matters and refer questionable issues to your supervisor.
- Perform additional duties as assigned and consistent with the exempt functions as defined in this job description.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE POSITION:
- Must pass national background check
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Ability to act in a professional manner at all times, including exercising confidentiality, discretion and judgment.
- Skilled with an excellent aptitude for business and math.
- Knowledge of non-profit business procedures.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and ten-key is required.
- Skilled with an adequate knowledge of purchasing procedures.
- Ability to work with exceptional organizational skills and great attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to be self-motivated.
- Ability to consistently uphold the Core Principles of Cenikor’s Culture:
- Demonstrate mission of service to our clients
- Positive, respectful communication with both staff and clients
- Demonstrate self-motivation and perseverance to achieve goals
- Role model appropriate, professional behaviors including appropriate client boundaries
- Work effectively as part of a team, helping to set up others for success
- High School Diploma or GED.
- College level Accounting preferred.
- Minimum of one-year experience in bookkeeping and/or accounting required.
- Medical billing insurance experience preferred.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Drug Free Workplace
- Equal Opportunity Employer