Cenetra is looking for a highly motivated, punctual individual with a great attitude and attention to detail to work in our Accounts Payable department. This position will be challenging, but we promise you will learn new things daily.
Pay will be based on knowledge and experience. Cenetra participates in E-Verify.
Accounts Payable Clerk Job Responsibilities:
- Completes payments and controls expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices.
- Reconciles processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
- Charges expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports; recording entries.
- Pays vendors by monitoring discount opportunities, verifying federal id numbers, scheduling and preparing checks, and resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation.
- Ensures credit is received for outstanding memos.
- Issues stop-payments or purchase order amendments.
- Pays employees by receiving and verifying expense reports and requests for advances; preparing checks.
- Maintains accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions.
- Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
- Maintains historical records by microfilming and filing documents.
- Disburses petty cash by recording entry and verifying documentation.
- Reports sales taxes by calculating requirements on paid invoices.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
Accounts Payable Clerk Qualifications / Skills:
- Tracking budget expenses
- Attention to detail
- Analyzing information
- Vendor relationships
- PC proficiency
- Data entry skills
- General math skills
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent required
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field a plus
- Previous accounts payable experience preferred
Cenetra is a great place to work, where your creativity is encouraged and welcomed, dress is casual, and the hours are stable. Our benefits include health, dental and life insurance, 12 paid personal days per year that increase with seniority and 8 paid holidays. Terrific people, challenging work and a convenient location in Columbia make Cenetra the best place to put your skills to work!
CenetraCenetra is a manufacturing and design company located in Columbia, MO. Our teams possess a great sense of pride and ownership. Our values encourage focusing on customers, quality, curiosity, passion, teamwork, and integrity. Cenetra is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Cenetra participates in E-Verify. Cenetra is a great place to work, where your creativity is encouraged and welcomed, dress is casual, and the hours are stable. Our benefits include health, dental and life insurance, 12 paid personal days per year that increase with seniority and 8 paid holidays. Terrific people, challenging work and a convenient location in Columbia make Cenetra the best place to put your skills to work!