The position will develop, organize and maintain the legal departments daily files and the Company’s legal database with significant input from the General Counsel. The role will require frequent contact and communication with individuals from other business groups and departments of CLIENT as well as attorneys and paralegals from CLIENT’s outside counsel. This position may also respond to inquiries from third parties as directed by the General Counsel.
- Intake and management of daily correspondence to General Counsel or any communication concerning a legal issue. Daily review of in-box with General Counsel and implantation of action items in response which can include drafting reply correspondence, forwarding to outside counsel or gathering more information from internal or external sources.
- Preparing responses to Company and third party inquiries as directed by the General Counsel. Such responses may include drafting e-mails and letters for the General Counsel’s review as well as identifying and obtaining the necessary attachments from Company records.
- Preparing responses to law firms regarding claims, litigation (discovery) and real estate matters as directed by the General Counsel. Responsibility will primarily consist of identifying and obtaining necessary documents and copying or scanning these documents for the response.
- Planning and preparing for internal and third party meetings (preparing meeting packages by identifying and obtaining necessary documents and organizing such packages) as directed by General Counsel.
- Organizing and managing daily legal department files.
- Organizing and managing Company internal and external legal databases. This project will be a significant part of this position’s responsibilities and will require the organization and management of all of the Company’s legal operational documents (i.e. real estate, commercial and procurement contracts, environmental and regulatory permits and licenses, loan and finance agreements, significant claims and litigation, corporate formation documents and other documents). This project will require development of an index for the database and assignment/renaming of various documents in the appropriate index folder in the database. The external database will be provided by a third party and this position will be the primary interface with such third party database provider and will be the Company expert on such database.
- Special projects as directed by the General Counsel. Examples of such projects could be (1) organizing and assisting in the review and revision of all CLIENT’s commercial contract and/or procurement contract templates; or (2) preparing and organizing hard copy binders of various documents (i.e. permit correspondence or loan documents).