Sales Director - West - Remote
- Posted: over a month ago
The Director of Sales is a highly organized, results-driven hunter, who thrives in a fast-paced environment and has a proven track record of hitting quota. The ideal candidate has experience in software sales in the Hotel industry, and is responsible for new business acquisition across the entire range of Cendyn products and services with particular focus on CRS/Booking Engine/RMS and BI solution sales.
The Director of Sales is responsible for developing and executing a territory sales plan primarily focused on the acquisition of new customers. The individual will maximize every sales opportunity and achieve sales quota for an assigned territory. We are looking for a “doer” with a proven track record of selling over the phone and face-to-face, who can present the Cendyn Solutions via on-line demonstrations, and represent the company at trade shows, hotel conferences and association events. This position will sell to all hotels, management companies, ownership groups and/or other accommodation providers within the assigned region (West).
- Develop and execute a comprehensive territory sales plan for selling Cendyn’s cloud-based software and services platform within assigned territory
- Develop and maintain a robust, diversified sales pipeline for potential new customers
- Review and analyze market data
- Identify potential hotel, management company, brand and ownership company targets
- Cold calling and lead generation
- Proactive inbound lead response time
- Analyze business needs of prospects and develop solutions that meet their needs
- Utilize consultative sales approach—ask relevant questions to uncover needs, identify barriers and overcome objections
- Thoroughly vet out each customer’s decision-making process, timelines, key stakeholders during the sales process. Knowledge of MEDDICC methodology is an advantage.
- Develop and maintain rapport with key stakeholders for prospects and customers to build strong long-term partnerships
- Prepare and deliver compelling sales presentations and sales proposals
- Identify additional product opportunities and upsell existing customers
- Timely and professional follow-up with both internal team members and customers
- Negotiate and prepare contracts with potential customers, understand the legal ramifications of contracts.
- Achieve Sales Quota on a consistent basis throughout the year
- Represent the company during trade shows and other official occasions/events
- Use Salesforce (or other CRM) as the system of record for all sales activity, comply with SOPs for keeping accounts, leads, opportunities, contacts and activity up to date
- Establish thorough knowledge of Cendyn’s product and service offerings, pricing structure, contract management parameters, policies and procedures.
- Liaise with Cendyn Marketing team to implement Marketing strategy within assigned territory.
- Promote Cendyn brands during trade shows and other events in your region
- Follow internal processes to assist Project Management and Customer Success teams successfully onboard new customers.
- Participate in regular structured sales and business training programs to improve sales performance
- Develop and maintain awareness of industry trends, opportunities and competitive landscape
This position has daily interactions with customers, team members and various critical departments within the organization. In many cases, interactions with both internal and external parties will be at mid and upper management levels.
- Bachelors Degree required
- Minimum of 5 years sales experience in hotel, travel or hospitality suppliers in a sales environment
- Proven experience in successfully selling cloud-based software, SaaS solutions.
- Experience in working on your own and being self-motivated
- Successful track record of building, managing and closing sales pipeline
- Strong sales, analytical, pragmatic, organization, communication and people skills required.
- Working knowledge of hotel sales management
- Ability to adapt quickly to new technologies, products and procedures
- Ability to work and thrive in a multi-tasked and fast-paced environment.
- Ability to innovate, overcome obstacles and implement best practices including sales methodologies
- Ability to travel as required to support regional and corporate business objectives
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite required (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and computer savvy to learn other applications as needed
- Sales: Proven experience in successfully selling cloud-based software, SaaS sales; preferably in Hospitality industry
- Relationship Building: Builds effective relationships through positive communication that motivates and influences others in achieving corporate objectives.
- Personal Effectiveness: Produces outstanding results both professionally and personally by being proactive and committed. Continually focuses on achieving positive results contributing to company’s business success.
- Customer Focus: Passionately meets and exceeds customer expectations. Enters the customer’s world through listening and understanding. Nurtures relationships by recognizing and delivering on customer needs and opinions.
- Managing complexity: Is able to work effectively in a highly complex, diverse, changing environment. Adapts well to and is energized by change while maintaining focus on key business goals and personal objectives.
- Goal setting/short term planning: Achieves results by setting goals using quality planning, analysis and decision making. Adapts and copes successfully with changes.
- Business Management: Produces outstanding results both professionally and personally by effective management of business processes. Effectively plans, budgets, tracks and evaluates performance of his/her business area.
- Professional “get it done” attitude and work ethic.
this is a remote position
AddressFort Smith, AR
BusinessView all jobs at Cendyn
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?