Surveyor / Engineering Technician
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Cementation is the fastest-growing underground mine contracting and engineering company in North America. Specializing in the design and construction of underground mine facilities, including shafts, mine development, raises and much more, Cementation is focused upon safety and the relationships we build with clients and employees, seeking to make them long-term.
Our ability to design and construct world class projects requires the right mix of individuals and skills. Our successes are delivered based on the strengths of our employees. We are currently accepting resumes for an experienced Surveyor / Engineering Technician. In an attempt to recruit the highest quality people to join our team and demonstrate the value we place in our employees, we offer an extremely competitive compensation, bonus, and benefits packages, which are among the best in the industry
- Accurately calculate or check calculations, co-ordinate locations, advances and quantities from the data obtained from surveys
- Plot results on all development plans and sections
- Install and operate necessary survey instruments, drill alignment lasers, and environment monitoring equipment
- Prepare necessary construction and development layouts
- Prepare daily, weekly, and other reports as required
- Record all resulting QA/QC data (ventilation survey's, backfill QA/QC, survey loops, cycle timing)
- Assist with project development and construction, if/when your primary work responsibilities allow for training and the additional support is needed.
- Provide scheduling assistance and development optimization input
- Provide assistance with Sandvik TCAD and Atlas Copco Tunnel Manager for drifting and stope drilling.
- Inventory mining materials for quality and quantity available.
- Measure actual advance, stope volume and then calculate for the work accomplished per pay period.
Experience with survey software required
Familiarity with survey equipment required
Mine Tech training preferred
4 year degree in similar field
Familiar with Excel, Word, Outlook, and AutoCAD
Engineering courses preferred
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
EngineeringView all jobs at Cementation USA