Raise Bore Driller
Cementation USA Green River, WY
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Cementation is the largest underground mine contracting and engineering company in North America. Specializing in the design and construction of underground mine facilities, including shafts, mine development, raises and much more, Cementation is focused upon safety and the relationships we build with clients and employees, seeking to make them long-term.
Our ability to design and construct world class projects requires the right mix of individuals and skills. Our successes are delivered based on the strengths of our employees. We are currently accepting resumes for experienced Raise Bore Drillers. In an attempt to recruit the highest quality people to join our team and demonstrate the value we place in our employees, we offer extremely competitive compensation, bonus, and great benefits packages, which are among the best in the industry
The Raise Driller is responsible for the safe operation of the raise drill during all operations from set up to tear down.
- The Driller is responsible for the day-to-day operation of the raise drill.
- The Driller is responsible for obtaining the maximum possible quality in any given ground condition, while achieving maximum production with minimal wear and tear on the in hole hardware and maintaining a safe and efficient work environment.
- The Driller is responsible for the general condition of all site equipment and tools. The Driller must follow a preventative maintenance program and ensure the equipment is kept in optimum condition to minimize downtime.
- The Driller is responsible for completing repairs on equipment when required and able to do so.
- The Driller is responsible for all aspects of the raise drill operation. Manage the use of the in hole hardware for optimum performance while maintaining minimal wear and tear.
- Ensure they understand the company policies and works in accordance with the Mine Health and Safety Act.
Health and Safety
- The Driller is responsible for training new drillers and helpers.
- Follow an established safety program that includes input from everyone on site.
- Practice good housekeeping. Make certain the workplace is kept clean, and equipment is serviced and maintained.
- At all times enforce the use of required PPE.
- Follow established procedures and best practices.
- Establish open and honest communication with the client.
- Work with the client to resolve any and all issues in a timely manner.
General Duties and Responsibilities
- The Driller is responsible for complying with all regulations as legislated by local Governments as well as company and client regulation and procedures.
- Operate all drills and associated equipment in a safe, efficient and productive manner.
- Demonstrate an ability to work with the crew and be open to any and all communication.
- The Driller is responsible to submit a daily shift report and to fill in the job's log book.
- Driller responsible for raise drill and all associated equipment from set up to tear down.
- Work with the cross-shift and leave the drill as you would like to see it upon beginning your shift.
- Train new drillers and helpers in safe work methods and drilling techniques to achieve an accident-free workplace.
- Make suggestions for improvements to equipment that would result in a more efficient, safer or more productive operation.
- Performs other related duties as requested.
- 3 to 5 years on long large diameter work, past experience operating a Strata 950 would be beneficial.
- Critical thinking using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Operation and Control ' Controlling operations of equipment
- Monitoring gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
- Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Active Listening, giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Instructing/Teaching others how to do something.
- Coordination/Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Speaking/Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Complex Problem Solving/Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Judgment and Decision Making/Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Mechanical knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Control Precision with the ability to quickly and repeatedly adjust the controls of a machine or a vehicle to exact positions.
- Problem Sensitivity with the ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
- Manual Dexterity with the ability to quickly move your hand, your hand together with your arm, or your two hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble objects.
Cementation Miners Perform all tasks in a safe manner as required under the Mining Safety and Health Act and the Cementation Safety Management System.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
AddressGreen River, WY
ConstructionView all jobs at Cementation USA