Raise Bore Drill Helper
Cementation USA Green River, WY
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Cementation is the largest underground mine contracting and engineering company in North America. Specializing in the design and construction of underground mine facilities, including shafts, mine development, raises and much more, Cementation is focused upon safety and the relationships we build with clients and employees, seeking to make them long-term.
Our ability to design and construct world class projects requires the right mix of individuals and skills. Our successes are delivered based on the strengths of our employees. We are currently accepting resumes for experienced Raise Bore Drill Helpers. In an attempt to recruit the highest quality people to join our team and demonstrate the value we place in our employees, we offer extremely competitive compensation, bonus, and great benefits packages, which are among the best in the industry
The Raise Drill Helper is responsible for the safe operation of the raise drill during all operations from set up to tear down.
- The helper is responsible to follow operators instruction in the safe and reliable operation of the raise drill.
- The helper is responsible for keeping the work site clean and free of obstructions and tripping hazards and maintaining a safe and efficient work environment.
- The helper is responsible for the general condition of all site equipment and tools. The helper must follow a preventative maintenance program and ensure the equipment is kept in optimum condition to minimize downtime.
- The helper is responsible for assisting with repairs on equipment when required and able to do so, under guidance of the operator and or supervisor.
- The helper is responsible for pre-ops of equipment and machinery as and when required.
- Be able to follow direction from operator as to what is required in the day to day drilling operations.
- Ensure they understand the company policies and works in accordance with the Mine Health and Safety Act.
Health and Safety
- The Helper will follow all direction from operator and supervisor.
- Follow an established safety program that includes input from everyone on site.
- Practice good housekeeping. Make certain the workplace is kept clean, and equipment is serviced and maintained.
- At all times enforce the use of required PPE.
- Follow established procedures and best practices.
- Establish open and honest communication with the client and fellow workers.
- Treat everyone with the upmost respect.
General Duties and Responsibilities
- The helper is responsible for complying with all regulations as legislated by local Governments as well as company and client regulation and procedures.
- Assist with operation of all drills and associated equipment in a safe, efficient and productive manner.
- Demonstrate an ability to work with the crew and be open to any and all communication.
- The helper is responsible to complete all site paperwork as required.
- Helper responsible for the overall cleanliness of raise drill site.
- Work with the cross-shift and leave the drill as you would like to see it upon beginning your shift.
- Train new helpers in safe work methods and to achieve an accident-free workplace.
- Make suggestions for improvements to equipment that would result in a more efficient, safer or more productive operation.
- Be trainable to be able to learn the operation of the raise drill from the operator.
- Performs other related duties as requested.
- 3 to 5 years on long large diameter work, past experience operating a Strata 950 would be beneficial.
- Critical thinking using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Operation and Control ' Controlling operations of equipment
- Monitoring gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
- Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Active Listening, giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Instructing/Teaching others how to do something.
- Coordination/Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Speaking/Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Complex Problem Solving/Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Judgment and Decision Making/Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Mechanical knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Control Precision with the ability to quickly and repeatedly adjust the controls of a machine or a vehicle to exact positions.
- Problem Sensitivity with the ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
- Manual Dexterity with the ability to quickly move your hand, your hand together with your arm, or your two hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble objects.
Cementation Miners Perform all tasks in a safe manner as required under the Mining Safety and Health Act and the Cementation Safety Management System.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
AddressGreen River, WY
ManufacturingView all jobs at Cementation USA