Ingestible Blending Operator
- Expired: September 30, 2020. Applications are no longer accepted.
Position Purpose and Objectives
The Ingestible Blending Operator is directly responsible for blending raw materials according to written procedures, using a combination of tanks, agitators, pumps, heating and cooling systems and, all other applicable equipment to produce high quality and consistently repeatable liquid dietary supplement and beverage products. She/he is responsible for the setup, safe operation, and disassembling of equipment, thorough and accurate completion of documentation, use of scales, meters, basic mechanical tools, and forklifts. This person is directly responsible for identifying and communicating discrepancies with raw materials, blending procedures, products, or equipment. They will thoroughly, accurately, and promptly complete all required training and documentation. They must always maintain a clean and organized work area and work both independently and as a team.
- Receives bulk materials, weighs and subdivides materials in strict accordance with manufacturing procedures; loads into automatic equipment and makes necessary adjustments to ensure proper mix of ingredients.
- Ensures equipment and working area meets all required sanitary standards; uses small hand tools to disassemble pumps, receivers, mixers and other equipment, cleans according to set procedures, and reassembles prior to mixing a new batch of product.
- Performs all the job activities in a safety way in accordance with standard operating procedures and good manufacturing practices, without endangering the health or safety of self or others.
- Assembles and disassemble and verify sanitation of all process equipment.
- High attention to detail.
- Daily calibration verification of department equipment.
- Stages and verifies raw materials for blending operation.
- Aseptically add materials to a blend tank.
- Blends raw materials for a variety of products to specification.
- Understands and follow blending procedures according to requirements.
- Completes and maintain appropriate records accurately and timely.
- Supports the investigation to resolve process and equipment problems.
- Communicates and ensure compliance with all policies and procedures.
- Assists other departments as needed.
- Performs any and all duties as assigned by lead operator and manager.
- Maintains an exceptionally clean work area.
- Follows cGMP good documentation practices.
- Basic understanding about the compounding work.
- Thorough knowledge of manufacturing operations and equipment.
- Ability to work and make sound decisions.
- Able to support team initiatives to meet deadlines of production schedule.
- Able to lift up to 75 lbs.
- Able to obtain a forklift license and safely operate.
- Good written and verbal English communication skills.
- 100% Manufacturing.
- 2 years experience in blending or compounding operations.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Driven and detail orientated with excellent communication skills.
- Basic math skills.
- Must be able to lift 55 lbs. repetitively.
- Must be able to follow the blending procedure instructions.
- Must understand weights and measures.
- Must be able to work independently with little direction.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Self-motivated, team player and well organized.
ManufacturingView all jobs at Celmark International