Research Specialist - Ocular Therapeutics - (#366)
Cellular Dynamics Madison, WI
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
FUJIFILM Cellular Dynamics is a leading developer and supplier of human cells used in drug discovery, toxicity testing, stem cell banking, and cell therapy development. We partner with innovators from around the world to combine biologically relevant human cells with the newest technologies to drive advancements in medicine and healthier living. Our technology can be used to create induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSCs) from anyone and followed by the powerful capability to develop into virtually any cell type in the human body. Our proprietary manufacturing system result in inventoried iCell® products and donor-specific MyCell® Products in the quantity, quality, purity, and reproducibility required for drug and cell therapy developmentJob Description
FUJIFILM Cellular Dynamics, Inc in Madison, WI is recruiting for a Research Specialist to support our Ocular Therapeutics program. This position requires a self-motivated and intellectually curious individual with experience in cell biology and molecular biology, who can contribute to our ongoing development efforts. Qualified individuals need to be inspired to support the development of therapeutics and/or life science products and tools to support research endeavors . We provide development and support to enhance your career using cutting edge iPSC technology.
In this role you'll provide experimental support in multiple and different areas, ranging from the development and characterization of cell therapy products to performing clinical device testing on the benchtop in order to mimic and validate clinical protocols ensuring accurate future dosing in the clinic.
Essential Job Functions
- Work closely with higher-level scientists to learn how to design, perform, optimize, and analyze well thought out experiments in order to achieve project goals within a given time constraint.
- Utilize basic laboratory techniques in support of project objectives.
- Follow standard operating procedures and current best practices while maintaining complete and accurate records.
- Effectively communicate experimental results to the project team and prepare summaries of experiments in the form of presentations and technical reports.
- Write protocols, technical reports, and SOPs, and develop appropriate documentation for processes.
- Other job functions as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in biomedical engineering, stem cell biology, cell biology, developmental biology, immunology, or a closely related scientific field is required.
- Demonstrated capability with cell culture, flow cytometry, and/or molecular biology methods.
- Stem cell culture experience and/or cellular/tissue engineering is extremely desirable.
- Self-motivated with a sound work ethic, initiative, the ability to multi-task, intellectual curiosity, and a desire to acquire new technical skills.
- Flexibility to change project objectives quickly and enthusiastically.
- Proficient in written and oral communication, as well as the ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
- Some evening and/or weekend work is required.
- Able to work with hazardous materials (i.e. chemicals, electrical equipment and human tissue) without endangering oneself or others
- Able to wear standard laboratory PPE
FUJIFILM Cellular Dynamics, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. All qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of a disability.
ScienceView all jobs at Cellular Dynamics