Facility Management Specialist - (#398)
- Posted: over a month ago
FUJIFILM Cellular Dynamics is a leading developer and supplier of human cells used in drug discovery, toxicity testing, stem cell banking, and cell therapy development. We partner with innovators from around the world to combine biologically relevant human cells with the newest technologies to drive advancements in medicine and healthier living. Our technology can be used to create induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSCs) from anyone and followed by the powerful capability to develop into virtually any cell type in the human body. Our proprietary manufacturing system result in inventoried iCell® products and donor-specific MyCell® Products in the quantity, quality, purity, and reproducibility required for drug and cell therapy developmentJob Description
We are recruiting for a Facility Management Specialist to support our investment in and on-going operation of our cGMP, research and development, and production facilities in Madison, WI. You'll be working with our technical operations group along with other highly talented professionals at FUJIFILM Cellular Dynamics, Inc., the leader in induced Pluripotent Stem Cells (iPSC’s) technology. In this role you'll oversee all aspects of facility operation and maintenance including commissioning, qualification, maintenance, and calibration of facility, equipment, systems and utilities for all FCDI facilities. This is an excellent opportunity for qualified individuals looking to apply their technical skills and to expand their professional horizons.
Essential Job Functions
- Participate in the on-going management of the Building Management System and serve as the primary operator of the BMS.
- Participate in facility commissioning activities with third party vendors, FCDI validation engineer and/or contractors for all renovations and/or additions as necessary,
- Assist in developing the facility commissioning plan and coordinate all activities associated with facility commissioning including hiring third party vendors and coordinating execution with the Validation Engineer.
- Write and review validation protocols for utilities including HVAC, BMS, Equipment Monitoring System, medical-grade gas supply, pure steam, RO/DI water system, LN2 distribution system, compressor, and vacuum systems. Work with the Validation Engineer on equipment validation as needed.
- Manage all aspects of facility maintenance.
- Manage staff involved in maintenance including routine and change-over cleaning.
- Maintain facility computer systems including BMS and Equipment Monitoring System.
- Liaise with landlord.
- Maintain a company-wide equipment database for all facilities under company management.
- Schedule vendor technicians for equipment install, preventive maintenance and non-routine maintenance.
- Conduct preventive maintenance and non-routine maintenance on systems/equipment as specified.
- Assist with set-up and fit out of lab and supports spaces, as requested.
- Order equipment or consumables when required.
- Conduct building inspections to assess the current operational condition, document findings, and take appropriate follow up action.
- Respond to critical alarms.
- Troubleshoot equipment and make minor repairs when necessary.
- Develop, revise and maintain controlled documentation related to equipment and systems responsible for or as directed by validation engineer.
- Other job functions as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or construction related field, or Associate’s degree with two years of relevant work experience
- Up to one year of related experience with demonstrated achievements and progressive responsibilities
- Strong organizational skills
- Mechanically inclined and intellectual curiosity
- Proven ability to schedule and coordinate projects or efforts requiring multiple tasks and follow-up
- Demonstrated attention to detail, adherence to procedures and effective communication skills across diverse employee and vendor audiences
- Familiar in use of asset management systems
- Expertise using MS WORD, MS Project, database programs
- Ability to lift 50 pounds repeatedly throughout a normal workday
- Ability to respond to emergency situations after hours, weekends, and holidays as needed
FUJIFILM Cellular Dynamics, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. All qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of a disability.
Real EstateView all jobs at Cellular Dynamics